So I have linked some of my phone contacts to their pin numbers, but the problem I have with this is that when I get a blackberry message from someone, like my aunt for example, it plays the blackberry messenger sound even though her blackberry pin is linked to the contact I have for her in my phonebook. (which has a specific ringtone set for messages from her) So I hear the blackberry message sound for every single person that sends me a message, which makes it impossible to differentiate between who just messaged me without having to actually look at it. (which I don't like). I would like to know if there is any way to get around this? I would like to have my aunt's ringtone play for EVERY message she sends. Makes sense right? And I would just like to know if theres a way around this by changing settings, no apps please. Thanks.
    10-27-10 06:39 PM
    Sounds-> Set Ring Tones/Alerts -> Instant Messages-> BlackBerry Messenger Alert; BlackBerry Messenger New Message

btw, i don't think there's a way to set bbm sounds for each contact in bbm separately. sorry
    Last edited by dsquared2; 10-27-10 at 08:34 PM.
    10-27-10 08:28 PM
    Got rid of BBM? Oh my!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 11:00 AM
    Got rid of BBM? Oh my!

If you don't know that many other people with a BB, it's not that big of a deal. Most of my friends, if they have a smartphone, have Android, so I pretty much only use Google Talk...rarely BBM (which sucks).
    10-28-10 12:02 PM
    Yeah the only way to have a custom tone for her is through SMS not BBM. You can set it up where her SMS goes through BBM though and that should work. But if you never use BBM there's no point.
    10-28-10 04:35 PM
    I find this a little weak. Does anyone understand a possible reason why this would have been overlooked? I mean if you can set custom tones for peoples calls and sms, you would think that the ability to set for individuals bbms would be the next logical step and a no brainer to implement?

02-21-11 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD