Not sure if this is the proper place for this or not, if not, mods please feel free to move to proper forum.

Android uses GMail to backup contacts and other stuff. What options do AT&T Torch users have like this for electronic backups?

That way if anything were to happen to the phone (lost, destroyed, etc...) I wouldn't have to try and remember them all.
    10-27-10 12:26 PM
    Not sure about ATT, but I use GMail on my Torch.
    10-27-10 12:41 PM
    I use Gmail, Blackberry Protect (beta) and Mobile Backup (provided by my carrier).

Blackberry Protect will be all you need whenever RIM releases it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 12:58 PM
    I just recently upgraded to a Torch and found that At&t does have a backup solution called, At&T address book. Open your contacts, then press the menu key and select "AT&T address book" then follow the instructions on the screen. I prefer to use lookout mobile security for my backup needs. I restored all my contacts to my Torch using lookout mobile security. It also has a few other functions as well: locate your device, virus and spyware protection. Oh yea I almost forgot to mention: IT'S FREE

https://www.mylookout.com/

"That's my 2 cents"
    10-27-10 01:31 PM
    If you have outlook on a WinDoze computer you can also "backup" your contacts by syncing them using BB Desktop Manager software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 08:41 PM
    I'm on a BES so mine are wirelessly synced and backed up on the server.
    10-29-10 12:54 PM
    I have just bought SmrtGuard...if you are quick, you can get an unlimited subscription at half of the year price!!!!!
    I also use google sync with my gmail account. It syncs up between my Torch, gmail account...AND address book on my MAC. LOVE GOOGLE SYNC, but use it to keep everything "the same".
    Will be using SmrtGuard to backup entire phone, and not just contacts.
    Dominic
    10-29-10 01:45 PM
    Phonebakup will email you your contacts, calendars and todo lists on a daily basis as well as write them to files on the memory card. If the databases become corrupted you can restore from the card, if the card is corrupted then copy from pc to new card and restore from there.
    10-29-10 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD