Do you guys get a headache or your hand gets warm when you use the Bold 9700 a lot? I kinda do. My hand gets kinda tingly or something. They say the Bold is one of the highest radiating phones out there... I wonder how the new 9780 will be.
    Just wondering if im the only one. Thanks.
    10-27-10 11:26 AM
    I def. Get a headache !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 11:33 AM
    Have a few cocktails and don't worry about it...
    10-27-10 11:39 AM
    Used ther 9700 quite a while, and never got a headache or tingly hands from it. And I use my bb 2 hours a day (according to I love Blackberry ap)

10-27-10 11:39 AM
    Do you guys get a headache or your hand gets warm when you use the Bold 9700 a lot? I kinda do. My hand gets kinda tingly or something. They say the Bold is one of the highest radiating phones out there... I wonder how the new 9780 will be.
    Just wondering if im the only one. Thanks.
    You might be having a stroke. Get some tests done. I do not think any cell phone is capable of producing either of your symptoms.
    10-27-10 11:56 AM
    Hehe no... lots of my friends and other people say their phones and heads get hot when they talk too long... so its not just me. Its a matter of life these days i guess... depends on the phone youre using too im sure.
    10-27-10 12:05 PM
    Also here is a list of all current RIM models.

Cell phone radiation levels - CNET Reviews

If you are still worried use a headset. Honestly though, there have been no links to cell phone radiation and health problems as a result of cell phone usage.
    10-27-10 12:07 PM
    What doesn't cause cancer or isn't bad for you these days? All these health nuts are gonna feel real stupid one day, when they're lying in hospitals dying of nothing...
    10-27-10 12:10 PM
    heads get hot...
    Head getting hot vs. headaches and numbness are two different things. Yes your head can get hot as the phones battery discharges rapidly. That is a whole different story though. I never am on the phone for very long. If I need to be I use the included headset from the 9700. This way I dont get the hot head/ sweaty hand thing...
    10-27-10 12:10 PM
    Think about it, you're sandwiching a piece of plastic between your hand and your head, that heat is just your own body heat. Hold anything in your hand long enough and it will get hot.
    Personally I prefer using a head set but I like to keep conversations brief anyway, better to bbm away then chat on the phone, bbm, im or texting allows you to take breaks from a conversation without interrupting it.

10-27-10 12:24 PM
    that heat is just your own body heat
    actually I think you are incorrect. If you discharge a cell battery fast by being on the phone for extended periods of time the unit will produce heat. It will happen with any phone really.
    10-27-10 12:39 PM
    actually I think you are incorrect. If you discharge a cell battery fast by being on the phone for extended periods of time the unit will produce heat. It will happen with any phone really.
    How come mine never gets hot when I use the headset though?

10-27-10 12:51 PM
    How come mine never gets hot when I use the headset though?
    You are special and absorb heat like asbestos...

Truly though, call a 1800 number and stay on hold for 15-20 min. your phone will heat up. I am not making this stuff up. I can happen with and electronic device. Anyone else want to chime in?
    10-27-10 01:21 PM
    From the time I used to repair cell phones the heat I experience comes from the PA (Power Amplifier) inside the phone. If you have good signal (full bars) the PA is working at it's lowest level so little or no heat will be produced.
    If you have poor signal (1 bar) the PA has to really crank up to keep from loosing the connection. If this is the situation then yes, you might feel some heat coming from the phone.
    The heat you are experiencing is not coming from any type of radiation. If your battery is heating up you might have a bad battery. We would test phone at it's max transmit power and I never noticed batteries heating up from rapid discharge.

Also, GSM phone transmit at a higher wattage than CDMA phones because of their lower transmit frequencies. So, these phones have a tendency to heat up more.
    10-27-10 02:00 PM
    From the time I used to repair cell phones the heat I experience comes from the PA (Power Amplifier) inside the phone. If you have good signal (full bars) the PA is working at it's lowest level so little or no heat will be produced.
    If you have poor signal (1 bar) the PA has to really crank up to keep from loosing the connection. If this is the situation then yes, you might feel some heat coming from the phone.
    The heat you are experiencing is not coming from any type of radiation. If your battery is heating up you might have a bad battery. We would test phone at it's max transmit power and I never noticed batteries heating up from rapid discharge.

Also, GSM phone transmit at a higher wattage than CDMA phones because of their lower transmit frequencies. So, these phones have a tendency to heat up more.
    Yes but is the heat generated by the phone greater then a human body heat? I think sweaty hands when you hold the phone is caused by the body heat, if I hold anything in my hand for 10 minutes constantly I would get sweaty hands.

10-27-10 02:06 PM
    Mine heats up pretty high whenever I use it to tether, but that's a given.
    10-27-10 02:07 PM
    I think what you are doing with your hand it holding in the heat generated by the PA. But, yes your own body heat could be adding to the heat from the PA.

If you were to transmit a phone at max power with the covers off you would not be able to touch the PA.
    10-27-10 02:13 PM
    The 9780 will produce the same levels of radiation. If you're really freaked out about it, you could by an app like this... If you're going to go that far, I'd suggest quit driving too.. Since that's about a million times more prone to cause serious injury or death than using a cell phone.

Unless you're getting yelled at by the person on the other end, your phone doesn't produce anything that would give you a headache.
    10-27-10 02:17 PM
    What doesn't cause cancer or isn't bad for you these days? All these health nuts are gonna feel real stupid one day, when they're lying in hospitals dying of nothing...
    Word!

Makes me laugh how many people freak out about how much radiation a phone puts out....**** don't drive either, or cross the street...or cut a peanut butter Jelly sandwich in half...so on and so forth....

Honestly if it bothers you that much, either get a bluetooth set or go ole school and don't use a celly...

10-27-10 02:45 PM
    The smog you breath driving to and from work could cause cancer. I guess we shouldn't drive to work. :-)
    10-27-10 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD