Finally, after weeks and weeks of waiting, the 9780 is here- officially

So november 17th for t-mobile +
    no more 9700's (in stores) +
    a massive surplus of torches
    = ____________________ (release date)

It has to becoming soon, rim and att know that the bold series is the best blackberry, and no one wants torches. So when is att releasing?!!
    10-27-10 10:06 AM
    Yea dude, ATT needs to get on the ball here...I have the torch and cant wait to sell it for the 9780.

Hurry up ATT

Pete
    10-27-10 10:52 AM
    And that's probably why they are holding back...
    10-27-10 11:10 AM
  4. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    You could always unlock it. I might get it eventually and keep both my torch and the BOLD.
    10-27-10 11:24 AM
    What does unlocking it have to do with keeping both ? If they are both ATT, i am guessing you could just swap Sim cards whenever you wanted, right ?

Something about the torch doesn't work for me, I find myself never using the touch screen and having to use the slider to access the keyboard all the time. The build quality doesn't seem close to what i have seen in the past. Overall decent device though i am not sure if its for me i guess..

CMON BOLD !!!!!

Pete
    10-27-10 11:32 AM
    Guys - not all Torch devices have issues. Mine is solidly built as is my husband's. I just want a 9780, just because...no particular reason other than it exists.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 11:36 AM
    I have no idea if this makes any difference or not, but I might as well mention it:

My mom works for a huge bank. About a week or two ago, everyone in her department had their business phones upgraded from an older Bold model (not sure which one it was) to new 9700's. There's a few hundred people in her department (in Southern California), so I'm not sure how widespread the 9700 "handouts" were or if the handouts were local, statewide, or nationwide. The bank's cell provider is ATT.

Either way, it might show that ATT is trying to get rid of 9700's
    10-27-10 12:31 PM
    I have no idea if this makes any difference or not, but I might as well mention it:

My mom works for a huge bank. About a week or two ago, everyone in her department had their business phones upgraded from an older Bold model (not sure which one it was) to new 9700's. There's a few hundred people in her department (in Southern California), so I'm not sure how widespread the 9700 "handouts" were or if the handouts were local, statewide, or nationwide. The bank's cell provider is ATT.

Either way, it might show that ATT is trying to get rid of 9700's
    Similar in that the Best Buy stores had the 9700's for both T-MO and AT&T on sale for free, they are trying to get rid of the excess stock. Should be released soon on both networks.
    10-27-10 12:42 PM
    I don't even care for a price or anything like that, just a release date from AT&T saying yes it is coming, especially after the other carriers have
    10-27-10 01:51 PM
    I have a feeling it's going to be a little while for the simple fact that the 9800 just came out. They'll want to get rid of those before taking on a new "hot Item."

Just speculation of course.
    10-27-10 02:30 PM
    Will the 9780 be available in europe or just north america like the tours ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 03:37 PM
    It won't even nearly be a "hot" new item. It would probably be a low-profile release
    just like the Bold 9650 was for Verizon and Sprint. It's just a refresh and AT&T knows
    it. They're not going to spend advertising dollars pushing this thing.
    10-27-10 03:39 PM
    I stopped by an AT&T store today and the rep said that all he knows is that the 9700s were pulled from the store last week. I think that has to say something.
    10-27-10 06:37 PM
    9700's are basically on end of life status now.
    10-27-10 11:16 PM
    I have had tremendous ongoing problems with my 9700, and stopped into a AT&T Premium or Super Retail Store today. I spoke with the most Senior person there, and asked if they knew anything about a 9780 being released on AT&T- the response I got was No, nothing planned.

We have had huge Network Issues with our 9700 and had the sim card replaced as a last ditch effort hoping to make it work better. I had the Sales person send me a "Test Message" he used att.net Im on Roadrunner- it took 26 minutes to receive! (On my phone) I tried it with 2 other persons working at that store, the first used a Torch, The Next used a New Curve, and a android, they all took forever to receive, Im getting redclocks on sms, mms and bbm, sometimes when I send a BBM the "R" or "D" is missing and all there is is a check mark, about 15 minutes later, the "R" appears on the message- Last but not least- If I go into a Starbucks, I get a wifi red start in set up it keeps wanting me to set up the wifi portal for Starbucks, it shouldnt do that- it should simply connect w/o a problem, If I sit there for about a half hour it will go in on its own, or if I do a Battery Pull, when the phone boots up it allows access to wifi at Starbucks-

Anyone have any brilliant Ideas? Someone told me that the new 9780 will fix this all and because of OS6, I wont have these issues anymore.

Also, does anyone know anything about the release of the 9780 on AT&T and when-
    10-28-10 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD