Hey guys, long time lurker.. Just about fed up with my device and need some help!

I've read just about everything I can find on how to remedy the missing MMS option on the 9550. My question: Is there a workaround for the 9550 on the Australian Vodafone network?

I know vodafone aus only carries the 9520 (and 9500 I think), and that I can't run a 9520 os on my 9550. I have a BIS account and receive emails/can brows fine. I've sent service books multiple times but still don't have an MMS option and receive nothing when people send me MMS.

I've installed multiple os' and still can't get the option. I'm currently on 5.0.0.983 and have a verizon start up screen.

I've done my absolute best at digging through threads and trying to find this myself, but as this is my first bb device I'm not great at trouble shooting as of yet.

Just wondering if there's a file I can delete/add to my os to allow MMS to work? Or an app or something? Really considering just selling my device and maybe going to the 9520 to get the vodafone os or maybe something other than a bb.. Can't say this has been a great phone anyway..

Any help would be greeaatly appreciated!
    cheers
    10-26-10 08:57 PM
    Maybe check this out. Its for the 9530/9500 but should be the same idea. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/953...osting-328759/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 09:29 PM
    Thanks for that. I've had a look at a couple of those and tried to remove the file suggested, but in my DM I don't have the add/remove application or restore/backup feature for some reason.

Also, I was unsure that using American based service books would work for my phone..
    10-26-10 09:44 PM
    hey Zacl87,

I had the same problem. My issue was that my number was originally from Optus and I moved to Vodafone, keeping the same number.

I found I could not receive MMS, other aussie BB users recommend me to contact Vodafone to advise them of this issue, they can do something about it apparently. I haven't tried it because no one ever send me MMS, but others have

give it a try.
    10-27-10 03:51 AM
    Thanks for that. I've actually noticed that the number that comes up on the info on my phone is the original number and I can't change it to my aussie number (from america).
    Took it to vodafone today but they couldn't do anything and told me to contact tech support so I'll try that. If I get it fixed i'll post!
    cheers
    10-27-10 04:21 AM
    10-28-10 02:55 AM
    Update - Dude above sent me Vodafone service books, though only get the red x when trying to send..
    10-28-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD