So I've been curious as of late, what constitutes the degrees of end? What do I mean by that? What makes a phone high-end, or low-end, or mid-range? Is it just the processor speed, RAM, ...? Does the case build and material have anything to do with it? I've been considering my Galaxy S to be a high-end phone, but have recently been informed that I'm wrong, however nobody has been able to tell me from a rational standpoint as to why. Some said that it's the lightweight and plasticy feel of it, but if that's all that makes a smartphone high end then let's throw some generic components into an airplane blackbox and call it godly. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    10-26-10 12:32 PM
    To me. Android is android is android. They all do the same thing, in the same fashion. I've also wondered why RIM has the Curve and Bold lines. They are pretty much the same phone with the Curve and Bold both have Flash, 3G and a trackpad...

any way to me,,, a high end phone is only in the eye of the buyer when they are looking at the price tag. but other than that... there is no difference in my book.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 12:35 PM
    It's the same question about any technology... look at PC's... high-end, mid, low... but don't let anyone tell you a Galaxy S class phone is not a high-end phone - THEY ARE HIGH END.
    10-26-10 01:00 PM
    How is the Galaxy S not high end? It has the best hardware in the game at this moment. I do not like the plastic feel, but there is no doubt the hardware is high end.

Droid X, Droid 2, Evo, Inc, SGS line, MyTouch 4G/HD, Nexus One and the G2 are the high end android devices out in the U.S right now (Desire on some carriers also). I may have missed some.
    10-26-10 01:41 PM
    galaxy is are high end in hardware wise... software blows doesn't even have 2.2
    10-26-10 07:18 PM
    galaxy is are high end in hardware wise... software blows doesn't even have 2.2
    It doesn't have official 2.2 but we have it. At least the I9000 and Captivate/Vibrant. I do not belief the Epic or Fascinate have leaked or ported versions yet, but I don't visit their forums at xda so I can't say for certain.
    10-26-10 08:12 PM
    yea but its not official by samsung lol i get what your saying though lol.. im just tired of waiting but i heard alot of new samsung features is coming in 2.2
    10-26-10 08:14 PM
    yea but its not official by samsung lol i get what your saying though lol.. im just tired of waiting but i heard alot of new samsung features is coming in 2.2
    Hopefully they are good. I just want them to give the source code out so we can really take advantage of ROM's. But who know why the line gets drawn the way it does. I think higher specs means a better device, that is just how I think.
    10-26-10 08:40 PM
    agreed lol some people doubt the galaxy s because of 2.1. but this phone has the best hardware out. (other than the droid x noise mic) samsung needs to dish out those froyo source codes for froyo. the devs would flip and things will start going.
    10-26-10 09:34 PM
    10-27-10 10:44 AM
    Are they seen as a punishment, or are they just a jolly boys holiday? I only ask as Amy Whinehouses' hubby has just been let out early(??) from prison and has gone into rehab.
    WTF?
    10-30-10 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD