So, my curve 8330 from Boost aint working so hot anymore. I'm considering upgrading to the 8530. Virgin also has it, but at 40 bucks a month, and I don't use a lot of minutes.

Which would you recommend? I get pretty good service from boost, so I'm curious to how theyd go against virgin, despite being both owned by Sprint, i'm very sure i wouldnt get the same service
    10-24-10 06:04 PM
    I'm on VM 8530 and find it overall good. So far during 2 months ownership, out in the country once I had zero connection while my GF and other friends connected fine on other mainstream carriers. I had to drive 1 mile to the top of a hill to get 1 bar.
    10-24-10 06:08 PM
    Um, it's basically the same, just one has cheaper plans.
    10-24-10 06:40 PM
    Its great service and great pricing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 06:59 PM
    I have amazing service with VM. Except in my house because I have tin ceilings.
    10-24-10 07:16 PM
    I have amazing service with VM. Except in my house because I have tin ceilings.
    The physical structure of the house (tin ceilings) is causing signal attenuation. That has nothing to do with your wireless carrier.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-24-10 11:31 PM
    I am trying to figure out which route to go myself. Not just with those 2 carriers, but any offering from BB that has the no-contract. I bought the 8330 from Boost not even 1 month ago.. actually on the very last day they carried it. I contacted 17 stores before I found 1. Anyway.. I had the Tour thru VZM.. and this 8330 is giving me fits w/ the slow speeds. I found that I have to do a battery pull w/ a lot more frequency and that I can only put on a few apps, and that also is making this move slower. I put the OS 5 on there, and I think the phone can't handle it. Long story short, I really want the Torch on a No Contract.. but I don't know when the could be out, if at all. I am leaning on the 8530 w/ Boost, but I want to look at all my options. Anyone know of a site or something that shows all the carriers and their no-contract phones or something? Some of these sites are adding to my migraines that I get very easily when I research. I appreciate any offers of assistance. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dabiggchill; 10-25-10 at 03:56 AM. Reason: My PIN is for the old Tour.. plz disregard.
    10-25-10 03:54 AM
    Hi I had the 8330 from boost mobile after leaving VZW from the Storm 9550!!...The 8330 is just ridiculous when it comes to being extremely sluggish!! ...I traded it for an 8530 and although it's lacking a camera with a flash, it runs perfectly no complaints!!...plus there's more onboard memory which allows the phone to have quite a few apps w/o all that thinking!! So no freezes here since I have the 8530...service also has been great been w boost for a couple months now, and 60.00 a month is superb for a bb unlimited w/o a contract. Good Luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 07:18 AM
    I am trying to figure out which route to go myself. Not just with those 2 carriers, but any offering from BB that has the no-contract. I bought the 8330 from Boost not even 1 month ago.. actually on the very last day they carried it. I contacted 17 stores before I found 1. Anyway.. I had the Tour thru VZM.. and this 8330 is giving me fits w/ the slow speeds. I found that I have to do a battery pull w/ a lot more frequency and that I can only put on a few apps, and that also is making this move slower. I put the OS 5 on there, and I think the phone can't handle it. Long story short, I really want the Torch on a No Contract.. but I don't know when the could be out, if at all. I am leaning on the 8530 w/ Boost, but I want to look at all my options. Anyone know of a site or something that shows all the carriers and their no-contract phones or something? Some of these sites are adding to my migraines that I get very easily when I research. I appreciate any offers of assistance. Thanks.
    Depending on where you live, unlimited service providers such as Cricket and Metro PCS are starting to carry the BB's now.
    10-25-10 07:41 AM
    I live in St. Louis, MO. And I see that Cricket has them, but I'm not sure about the actual phones that are provided & what kind of service. A friend got an Android with them.. but I'm a blackberry user for life.. and can't stand stand alone touch screen... plus I'll never use a major contract carrier again. I hate their prices.. I was hoping Walmart's plans would include BB.. but I really would like to know about which carriers offer which phones.. or are they only offering the same phone, Curve 8350? Does anyone have any info about possibly future dates for the torch? Or any other phone? I'd love to just be able to flash my Tour and use that one their network.. Thanks again for the info.
    10-25-10 10:01 AM
    I've heard a lot of bad things though about Virgin Mobile's service. Even from a Boost/Virgin mobile dealer. A lot of technical problems.

And my service with Boost is great for the most part, except for text messaging. every day I text and I keep replying to the other person, and they dont get the messages and their delayed. Not all the time. Like it will happen out of the blue, and then all of a sudden be fine like, 10 minutes later. Does anyone else have this problem?
    10-25-10 11:22 PM
    I've had some problems with my 8530 simply losing its flow of data even with the 1XEV remaining capitalized in areas where my 8330 never had any problems. I've upgraded the OS to .973 to resolve a problem with an error message (Uncaught exception index: 7 7). The BlackBerry Twitter app also seems to like to give me a hard time with automatically updating is feed. I'm hoping the .973 upgrade will help with the problems. If not, back to Boost with it and try for another one that's hopefully not defective.
    10-26-10 11:33 AM
    I live in St. Louis, MO. And I see that Cricket has them, but I'm not sure about the actual phones that are provided & what kind of service. A friend got an Android with them.. but I'm a blackberry user for life.. and can't stand stand alone touch screen... plus I'll never use a major contract carrier again. I hate their prices.. I was hoping Walmart's plans would include BB.. but I really would like to know about which carriers offer which phones.. or are they only offering the same phone, Curve 8350? Does anyone have any info about possibly future dates for the torch? Or any other phone? I'd love to just be able to flash my Tour and use that one their network.. Thanks again for the info.
    Before you can even think about the Torch, RIM has to manufacture a CDMA version. None of the prepaid carriers (Virgin, Boost, Cricket) are GSM.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-26-10 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD