I've seen this for the Storm a lot but not for the 9700...

Soo, I've had the phone for a year..in the past month I keep getting the black processing clock running all the time now. When I type on BBM, email or txt the words lag behind as I type, with the clock running..when I switch between apps, on the browser, basically even when I'm just looking at the screen the processing clock is just randomly running!

I've done the following to help in correcting the problem;
    mult battery pulls,
    free'ed up memory: 99.5 MB free now
    cleaned the memory
    cleaned up the call logs (although that seems weird to do since they just come back the next time you go into it when you do ALT LGLG)
    cleaned out all my emails, txt and saved messages
    always close everything when exiting (and check to see multi times a day)
    not runnning Bluetooth ever, but am using WiFi
    I don't have many apps, and the ones I do have I have since a year ago
    resent service books

I'm running .602

Also, my battery life is getting worse, but I think that's just because i've had the same batt for a year.

And that's about it....any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I do love the 9700 a lot...Thanks in advance.
    10-24-10 04:00 PM
    Install OS 5.0.0.714, its the best for the 9700, never had the loading clock when i used it with my previous 9700
    10-24-10 04:19 PM
    also, the phone will sometimes shut off when the batt gets below 20 per..just will shut off in the middle of a call or txt or whatever..

Thanks for the reply! I will try that OS version..
    10-24-10 04:25 PM
    Install OS 5.0.0.714, its the best for the 9700, never had the loading clock when i used it with my previous 9700
    Again, there have been numerous OS releases since you sold your 9700. It's impossible for you to know which OS is the "best" since you haven't tried them all.

OP, do you by chance have a "memory boosting" app running? When I first bought one, I put it on "auto boost", and started running into the hourglass all the time. Took it off auto boost and hardly ever see the hourglass anymore.

If you don't, I'd try reloading your OS or upgrading to a newer version.
    10-24-10 04:28 PM
    thanks for the reply...No, I don't. I forgot to mention I checked that as well as checking to see if Google Maps was still searching for a GPS signal...nothing there either.

What OS would you recommend to upgrade to? I'm with AT&T although I guess that really doesn't matter much. Thanks again!
    10-24-10 04:45 PM
    .714 is what I use. I wouldn't say it's the "best" though, as I haven't tried any of the newer ones. I use it because it works best with UMA, which wouldn't effect you since you're on AT&T.

My suggestion, try .714 or a later release and see how it works for you. If you think there's room for improvement, try a different one. Trial and error is the best way to find an OS that suits you and your device. If you feel like doing some research, check out the Official OS and Leaked OS sub forums and hear what others have said about the different versions available.
    10-24-10 04:56 PM
    I really appreciate your help. Thank you!!
    10-24-10 04:58 PM
    My pleasure, bud. If that doesn't solve the issue, come back and let us know.
    10-24-10 05:08 PM
    On a side note, I personally like 862. No radio problems as people have mentioned though, so i guess i'm just lucky? Perfect battery and everything.
    10-24-10 05:25 PM
    I would say give .938 a shot, it's just awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 12:53 AM
    Did you manage to find a solution? I'm having the same problem
    11-23-10 12:28 PM
    Here is the latest official OS release from AT&T. I have been on this since it came out.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/la...-979-a-545898/

If you are having allot of problems with things this original poster described above I would recommend you upgrade your OS. There are instructions on that link above or you can use this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    11-23-10 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD