The bottom four buttons on my Storm 9550 are unresponsive. The whole rest of the screen responds, just not the bottom four. I was running 517 and just upgraded to 713 and am having the same issue.

I took it to the VZW store and they said since its an insurance replacement phone its out of warranty after 90 days. She said to try reinstalling which didn't work.

I cant get another insurance replacement phone because I lost a phone before this replacement, so Assurion dropped me (in other words I bought a NEW phone in Feb, it was wonky, I got a replacement refurb that has now stopped working and so now I am SOL. Love ya big red!)

Since its out of warranty anyway, i would happily take it apart, nut I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

THANKS!
    Last edited by MyThai; 10-24-10 at 03:42 PM.
    10-24-10 03:05 PM
    The bottom four buttons on my Storm 9550 are unresponsive. The whole rest of the screen responds, just not the bottom four. I was running 517 and just upgraded to 713 and am having the same issue.

I took it to the VZW store and they said since its an insurance replacement phone its out of warranty after 90 days. She said to try reinstalling which didn't work.

I cant get another insurance replacement phone because I lost a phone before this replacement, so Assurion dropped me. (in other words I bought a NEW phone in Feb, it was wonky, I got a replacement refurb that has now stopped working and so now I am SOL. Love ya big red!)

Since its out of warranty anyway, i would happily take it apart, nut I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

THANKS!
    Wipe the phone, apps and all, after backing all that up of course. then load up .983 after you shrink with shrinkaos. try that
    10-24-10 03:29 PM
    Just tried it and still having the problem. Has anyone seen this before?
    10-24-10 04:24 PM
    i did some research and most people went in for replacement..... which i understand you can't do. you can look on ebay for another one if you want
    10-24-10 04:28 PM
    That's a crazy problem, I have never heard of that issue.
    10-24-10 04:56 PM
    Call 611 and see what the CSRs on the phone can do for you. Leave out the past info about when you got this phone or when Asurion dropped you or when whatever... Play stupid. Tell them your issue, tell them you've already wiped the phone and that you've even reinstalled the OS several times and it doesn't fix the issue. Tell them because of this behavior that you suspect that it's defective hardware (most likely the screen) and ask for a solution. Most likely the CSR will suggest a FRU replacement. Good luck. If that doesn't work, be nice, hang up, and call back to get another rep and repeat the process while remaining calm until a CSR makes things happen for you. If you hit 3 CSRs in a row that deny a replacement, politely ask for a manager and explain to them how strapped you are for cash, how you've been a VZW customer for x amount of months or years, etc. and how you're just in a bad situation because they sent you an FRU unit on the last replacement that failed on you. How should this be a problem you're stuck with. If they value your business and like having you locked into a contract for thier service, the least they can do is replace your faulty device, it's not asking for too much, just a working phone.

All else fails, hit up the online review site (I forget the name of it, but it's been mentioned on this site before) and put in a bad review on the whole situation. That will almost always guarantee you a call from VZW customer relations with a resolution of some kind. Good luck.
    10-24-10 07:43 PM
    Call 611 and see what the CSRs on the phone can do for you. Leave out the past info about when you got this phone or when Asurion dropped you or when whatever... Play stupid. Tell them your issue, tell them you've already wiped the phone and that you've even reinstalled the OS several times and it doesn't fix the issue. Tell them because of this behavior that you suspect that it's defective hardware (most likely the screen) and ask for a solution. Most likely the CSR will suggest a FRU replacement. Good luck. If that doesn't work, be nice, hang up, and call back to get another rep and repeat the process while remaining calm until a CSR makes things happen for you. If you hit 3 CSRs in a row that deny a replacement, politely ask for a manager and explain to them how strapped you are for cash, how you've been a VZW customer for x amount of months or years, etc. and how you're just in a bad situation because they sent you an FRU unit on the last replacement that failed on you. How should this be a problem you're stuck with. If they value your business and like having you locked into a contract for thier service, the least they can do is replace your faulty device, it's not asking for too much, just a working phone.

All else fails, hit up the online review site (I forget the name of it, but it's been mentioned on this site before) and put in a bad review on the whole situation. That will almost always guarantee you a call from VZW customer relations with a resolution of some kind. Good luck.
    And failing Civic's suggestions, get the Better Business Bureau involved. Nine times out of ten Verizon takes care of their people, I came from AllTel in the buyout and I've never had to ask for a manager to date. But just in case, there's a special section with the BBB for Verizon issues, or at least there was years ago when I was filing a complaint about Sprint.
    10-24-10 09:51 PM
    Planetfeedback.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 06:46 AM
    Thanks guys! I'll give it a go when I get home from work.
    10-25-10 03:00 PM
    I bow down at your altar, civic. I got a new refurb today! Being a loyal VZW customer for 10 years is actually worth something! THANKS!!!
    10-26-10 07:58 PM
    I bow down at your altar, civic. I got a new refurb today! Being a loyal VZW customer for 10 years is actually worth something! THANKS!!!
    I'm glad you got a replacement happening. I told you that if you press enough you can make thing happen. Sometimes going into a store doesn't always get you want you need.
    10-26-10 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD