Well I heard one date for Oct 27th but I am getting the feeling its not gona happen for rogers 9780

anyone got news . .

post your best guess
    10-24-10 12:57 PM
    I'll put my money on NOV 2nd with Bell.... although I could definitely go for OCT 27th..
    10-24-10 03:01 PM
    I was told Oct. 27th by two different retention reps...but now it seems unrealistic considering nothing has been posted anywhere.
    10-24-10 04:21 PM
    soft release prolly I think it will be for this one ... its not a brand new product
    10-25-10 06:19 AM
    Nov 2 soft launch is my guess

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-25-10 12:59 PM
    I was told Oct. 27th by two different retention reps...but now it seems unrealistic considering nothing has been posted anywhere.
    I would guess Nov. 2 as well. Have to stay fluid with Bell! A week later at the most.

10-28-10 07:43 AM
    This sux, RIM really have a not working strategy. like apple, they can always promise you a release date, no matter they throw out a white or black iphone 4, at lease they can give you the phone on that date. RIM cannot provide any exact date, hate this so much
    10-28-10 09:07 AM
    Dec 29th......

(prob as good as anyone elses guess....)

10-28-10 09:24 AM
    This sux, RIM really have a not working strategy. like apple, they can always promise you a release date, no matter they throw out a white or black iphone 4, at lease they can give you the phone on that date. RIM cannot provide any exact date, hate this so much
    Release dates have nothing to do with RIM... once a device has been announced, the release date is soley down to the individual carriers
    10-28-10 09:33 AM
    Release dates have nothing to do with RIM... once a device has been announced, the release date is soley down to the individual carriers
    can't they request the release date for the carriers? seems like all the carriers over the world don't have a release date for 9780, but this is not the case for the iphones. In my personal opinion, the carriers care about how many customers the device can attract, but RIM should care about how many devices can be sold, i guess there must something that RIM can do. anyways, i'm happy it's finally announced.
    10-28-10 10:16 AM
    I was at a Rogers Wireless store today, asking when the Style was coming out, and the rep had no clue what a Style even was. I showed him online at Blackberry site, he says no mention has been made for clamshell yet with Rogers, but the refresh 9700 (9780) is only 2 weeks away.

A side note: I asked to test his Torch while I was there, and the slider is cool but I'm a multi-tasker and I think having a 9700 is much simpler for me, being able to use one hand to use it. I would like the Style for biking etc, as it looks compact and more pocket sized.
    10-29-10 06:31 PM
    Ugh - 2 weeks away?!
    10-30-10 10:30 AM
    I can confirm that the store I works at currently shows units in transit for Telus & Bell, so the Nov 2nd release date looks promising. The SKU's are loaded for Rogers, just no units in transit yet. This doesn't mean they won't also arrive on the 2nd. So there's still hope!
    10-30-10 11:23 AM
    I can confirm that the store I works at currently shows units in transit for Telus & Bell, so the Nov 2nd release date looks promising. The SKU's are loaded for Rogers, just no units in transit yet. This doesn't mean they won't also arrive on the 2nd. So there's still hope!
    Do you know if these Telus and Bell phones are 'Branded' with any kind of Telus or Bell marking/loading screens? I'm considering buying one and unlocking it.
    10-31-10 09:20 AM
    hopefully rogers also gets it on Nov 2nd
    10-31-10 09:32 AM
    Do you know if these Telus and Bell phones are 'Branded' with any kind of Telus or Bell marking/loading screens? I'm considering buying one and unlocking it.
    I can probably guarantee that they will all have software branding (when you load up and it says the provider name)...although I haven't observed whether this actually happens on OS6 come to think of it. Haven't paid attention to any of the torches.

Bell doesn't physically brand any of their phones anymore, however even on the new demo's we received for Rogers 9780, there isn't any physical branding.
    10-31-10 11:02 AM
    All carriers will 'load screen' brand their phone. Bell does not physically brand. Both Rogers and Telus do (at least for the Bold).
    10-31-10 01:15 PM
    A Rogers consultant now told me they have no confirmed release date at the moment but they're thinking "the end of November or early December." I don't think any of these reps have any clue what they are talking about. I called a couple days ago and they said they had confirmation of a November 2nd Launch Date but obviously that didn't follow through. Virgin Mobile has said November 17th however. Basically no one knows what their talking about and I don't know what the huge delay is from. Quite frustrated at the moment.
    11-04-10 11:50 AM
    ^ November...9th? - Bell, Virgin, ROGERS

Best Buy confirms 3-year price of Bold 9780 to be $149.99 | MobileSyrup.com
    Last edited by simho; 11-04-10 at 12:17 PM.
    11-04-10 12:15 PM
    Ah yes, my mistake. November 9th. Sorry about that. Rogers said that they will have it same day other carriers have it. But they seem to think no one will have it before "end of November/early December." Pretty sure these reps no absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Just called Virgin Mobile and the rep said he expects them in their stores tomorrow morning. He also said Bell/Rogers/etc should have them the same day. The mystery continues and one can only hope that this rep has ANY IDEA what he's talking about.
    Last edited by Redefined; 11-04-10 at 12:54 PM.
    11-04-10 12:22 PM
    as a rule all Reps Lie to customers about release dates

because they have no idea what so ever .. rogers does not tell them
    they are in the dark even more than the average public
    11-04-10 04:53 PM
    Ah yes, my mistake. November 9th. Sorry about that. Rogers said that they will have it same day other carriers have it. But they seem to think no one will have it before "end of November/early December." Pretty sure these reps no absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Just called Virgin Mobile and the rep said he expects them in their stores tomorrow morning. He also said Bell/Rogers/etc should have them the same day. The mystery continues and one can only hope that this rep has ANY IDEA what he's talking about.

Quite the Gong Show happening here.
    Has non-contract pricing been announced? I keep reading $599 which would be a let down because that's how much a 9800 costs.

The pricing structure of the 9700 was as follows:
    Telus - $499
    Rogers/Virgin - $549
    Bell - $599

I wonder if they will follow the same Logic.
    11-04-10 05:06 PM
    Gong Show Logic Express!

yea I am sure it will be the same price as before
    knowing rogers, they will put it up a few bucks lol
    or make it some ridiculous price like 609 haha for
    the torch! what the h3ll is the 9$ for lol 609 haha

608 prolly lol or 597 hehe
    11-04-10 06:33 PM
    I say today. I was just in a somewhat local to me rogers+ and they have 6.
    The funny thing is that I was in a different store earlier and they figured the end of the month.
    So much for communication.... -

Last edited by North-Face; 11-05-10 at 04:44 PM.
    11-05-10 04:40 PM
    I say today. I was just in a somewhat local to me rogers+ and they have 6.
    The funny thing is that I was in a different store earlier and they figured the end of the month.
    So much for communication.... -

which store?!
    11-05-10 04:50 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD