Ok - maybe I'm losing it (wouldn't surprise me)... But....

Prior to upgrading to .975, my screen / keyboard would only display / light up if I hit a key on the keyboard (or one of the convenience keys). Since .975, the phone lights up upon just picking it up off the table..... At least, I never remember it doing that prior to the upgrade.

Just looking for either a sanity check or a confirmation that I am actually losing it..... Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 10:58 PM

Prior to upgrading to .975, my screen / keyboard would only display / light up if I hit a key on the keyboard (or one of the convenience keys). Since .975, the phone lights up upon just picking it up off the table..... At least, I never remember it doing that prior to the upgrade.

Just looking for either a sanity check or a confirmation that I am actually losing it..... Lol

Mine did it on .810. I usually don't notice it, though. Not sure if .975 or .983 have done it with mine.
    10-23-10 11:23 PM
    doesn't do it with me
    10-24-10 12:43 AM
    I wonder if they "software" tweaked the ambient light sensor which is located in the same location of the led signal light.
    10-24-10 09:47 AM
    mine started doing that on .732...sometimes it'll be sitting on the desk and just light up for no reason....
    10-24-10 09:53 AM
    Can't seem to make it happen on BB6, don't remember it ever happening on OS5.

cmfoster you are way to young to worry about loosing it, when you get to be my age, it becomes a very short trip...
    10-24-10 10:18 AM
    mine started doing that on .732...sometimes it'll be sitting on the desk and just light up for no reason....
    And here I thought it was just me.
    10-24-10 12:16 PM
    No...don't think you're losing it, but I wonder if your trackpad is detecting movement when you pick up your phone?
    10-24-10 01:17 PM
    Whew .... For the most part, looks like maybe I'm still reasonably sane! Haha.

I didn't notice it with .732, and went straight from .732 to .975 .... So, who knows!

It isn't a problem, really, more of a curiosity.

BoDeb - I think my sanity (or lack there of) is more related to having 2 kids (joys that they are!!!). than age....

10-24-10 02:39 PM
    Whew .... For the most part, looks like maybe I'm still reasonably sane! Haha.

I didn't notice it with .732, and went straight from .732 to .975 .... So, who knows!

It isn't a problem, really, more of a curiosity.

BoDeb - I think my sanity (or lack there of) is more related to having 2 kids (joys that they are!!!). than age....

Totally understand, raised 3 boys which probably accounts to a large degree my current lack of sanity.
    10-24-10 02:51 PM
    The only time I can get mine to light up without pushing buttons is when pulling out from the case.
    Does your table have a magnet in it, lol.
    10-24-10 02:53 PM
    The only time I can get mine to light up without pushing buttons is when pulling out from the case.
    Does your table have a magnet in it, lol.
    Haaa..... Not that I'm aware of!

BoDeb - 2 girls for me! A 10 year old (going on 20) and a 7 year old (going on17)..... It is funny how kids can both keep you young and age you at the same.

10-24-10 03:04 PM
    Does not do it on mine.

It does, however, light up for no reason every so often.
    10-24-10 03:25 PM

Hi everyone! My Son & I just got our Bolds yesterday So far we're diggin it. OS .975 also. (sorry for diggin up an oldie lol)
    Anyway, as for this back light thing, I just switched from the Curve 8330(2+yrs) and whenever I would hit my "K" key to lock (hotkeys enabled) the screen would dim. If at any point I needed to light my screen back up, I would be able to hit ANY key and it would light. Now, with the Bold, I have the opposite problem. When I hit the Lock button top left and the screen dims, if I want to check the time or whatever, I noticed the keypad will only light up if i touch the send, menu, back, end or D key. (hotkeys enabled). Not even the trackpad will light it up. I'm also on .975 and I thought there was something wrong. lol. But my sons does the same thing, so I guess its just a 'newer' feature of OS5 that I need to get used to (my curve was dinosaur at OS4.5 lol)
    12-17-10 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD