my slider is quite loose and there's gaps around my call/menu button where light now leaks out. I am over my 30 days which means it's warranty time. How does warranty exchanges work with AT&T?
    10-22-10 09:18 PM
    Call customer service and say you want a warrqntly replacement. They will do a quick trouble shooting and if none of that works they will send you a new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 12:06 AM
    Over 30 days I thought it had to be shipped in for repair ?!

10-23-10 08:11 AM
    Call AT&T............
    10-23-10 08:27 AM
    You do exchange by mail...call them, troubleshoot it, and if they decide to replace it, they will send a new/refurb phone to you, and then you ship the broken phone back to them in the same box. They even send shipping labels. The whole process is usually quick and painless...I did it 5 times with my SE w580i because the keys kept splitting and never had a problem
    10-23-10 10:06 AM
    ^ that's correct.
    but bear in mind that the replacement is a refurbished phone..not a new one.
    there's nothing wrong with the refurbished.. i actually think they were subjected to MORE quality control than the new one.
    anyway, you can also go to a store.. maybe they can troubleshoot for you..
    10-23-10 10:53 AM
    woooooo, thanks for all the advice. my replacement is on its way
    Last edited by joshwithachance; 10-23-10 at 12:07 PM.
    10-23-10 11:07 AM
    How much did it cost?

10-24-10 03:54 AM
    The cost is nothing and in most cases there are local exchange centers... Walk in and walk out. No calls other than to find the nearest exchange center and no cost.

10-24-10 10:16 AM
    I always go into the store and exchange any problem devices. That 1-800 crap is for the birds.
    10-24-10 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD