So i missed the OS upgrade that happened a couple months back and after seeing the issues, i'm glad i did.

For the last week, my bb has been doing strange things. Freezing when i receive calls, my facebook app always has some error attempting to connect, and i'm not receiving all of my calls, text, and even voicemail. No i have not dropped it in water, on the floor, sat on it or anything to disrespect or damage my phone.

Today, the ish hit the fan!! My phone has froze 12 times since 8am, ive done 12 battery pulls. Then all of a sudden, i get a notification that i need to do an OS upgrade to 5.0. I'm leary of downloading it. Has anyone else received this notification???

Thanks in advance
    10-22-10 12:37 PM
    I am running 5.0.0.822 on mine with no issues, it's the best o/s I have ever run on my 8900 and that's over 20 of them I'm sure.

FWIW I have always had the best luck upgrading o/s's with apploader and never any luck using DM.
    10-22-10 03:04 PM
    I second BlackBerry Brian. There is a post in the 8900 forum that says that .822 has fuzzy pictures and other weird things, but I have yet encountered these issues.

Did you do a clean upgrade; that is, you did the upgrade without restoring data? That's what I always do to ensure that no leftover fragments get transferred to the new OS.
    10-25-10 12:38 PM
    Thanks guys! Sorry for the late response. I did upgrade to the 5.0, and so far the only issue i'm having is with my sound profiles. I have my phone on vibrate while at work. For some reason it will still make noise if I receive a sms message. I've done everything i can to make it stop, but it continues.
    11-02-10 12:11 PM
    Thanks guys! Sorry for the late response. I did upgrade to the 5.0, and so far the only issue i'm having is with my sound profiles. I have my phone on vibrate while at work. For some reason it will still make noise if I receive a sms message. I've done everything i can to make it stop, but it continues.
    The 5.0.0.822???? there are many different 5.0.0.XXX versions.

The .822 has seemed to be the best of the best.
    11-02-10 02:02 PM
    Agreed with others. I'm on .822 with no issues at all.
    11-02-10 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD