I was wondering if anyone on here was having issues with their Defender series case from Otterbox. I emailed their warranty dept and told them what keeps happening (the dimple on the left side of the phone where the holster clips to keeps breaking off) she told me that it is a known problem with the 9550 and that it has been sent back to the engineering dept for a redesign. She kindly sent me my 3RD! replacement case and said I will be notified when any changes are made (doubt that will happen). I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this or any other problem with the case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 10:18 AM
    I was wondering if anyone on here was having issues with their Defender series case from Otterbox. I emailed their warranty dept and told them what keeps happening (the dimple on the left side of the phone where the holster clips to keeps breaking off) she told me that it is a known problem with the 9550 and that it has been sent back to the engineering dept for a redesign. She kindly sent me my 3RD! replacement case and said I will be notified when any changes are made (doubt that will happen). I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this or any other problem with the case.

Yup had the same problem and I'm on my 6th replacement case. You can't beat Otterbox teck support, it's the best. I've had them send me a clip for a Storm 1 that the case just slides down into and I haven't had any problems since.

I'll gladly take a redesigned clip and case when it is out but for now, I'm loving my defender.

Mike
    10-21-10 11:54 AM
    Same issue on my case.
    10-21-10 11:06 PM
    Same here, I asked if I could swap for a commuter case and they had no problem with that. I paired it with a Seidio locking case and while it's not a 100% perfect fit the magnet works and my S2 stays put.
    10-22-10 12:02 AM
    I have the commuter case and no complaints at all.

10-24-10 09:00 AM
    I ditched my OtterBox because of this. My phone fell out of the holster 2 or 3 times a day. Switched to Seidio and had no more issues.
    10-25-10 06:08 PM
    Exact problem with mine. I'm on my 5th or 6th case. Thank God for their excellent warranty. I'm gonna try Mike's idea about the Storm 1 case.
    10-25-10 08:38 PM
    I'm in the sane boat wint out to bestbuy and just bought a diffrent case because I was sick of getting them replaced

10-25-10 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD