I just got the 9330 2 days ago, and so far the battery hasnt been very good so last night i charged it fully from a low battery and before I went to bed and unplugged it and by morning it was down about 20%. Is this typical, or should I be making a trip to the verizon store?
    10-21-10 08:27 AM
    Thats definitly not normal. the standby life should be quite high.
    wait for a battery to cycle a few times and by the end of the week if it still sucks then you should take it back.
    10-21-10 08:30 AM
    You have a problem somewhere, I use my phone all day at work and home on email, web, text, phone, etc and its down to 30-40% at the end of the day before I put it on the charger just before bed.
    10-21-10 09:59 AM
    I've got a 9300 and the batter lasts for just over 2 days, which I think is very good. As said above, wait until the phone has had a few battery cycles so that the battery is conditioned. You should (hopefully) see beter performance then.
    10-21-10 01:53 PM
    I'm just gonna echo what everyone said and agree that it's definitely abnormal. The battery doesn't seem to be able to hold a charge. Even though most likely it's the battery problem, I would just et the entire device replaced.
    10-21-10 09:23 PM
    They replaced the battery with the same issue and then the unit, and again the same issue. downloaded meterberry it says discharging at 4.6% an hour.
    10-22-10 10:07 PM
    ok after running meterberry for 2 whole days, my battery lasts an average of 12 hours and runs out at the rate of 7% an hour.
    10-24-10 02:25 PM
    Also if you leave in a fringe or bad area, I would recommend leaving the Wi-Fi on. Turn off Wi-Fi if you leave in a good/excellent area (4-5 constantly).
    10-25-10 03:33 AM
    My battery is totally useless I charge at night and take it off charge at 7am every morning and go to work, I do a bit of browsing texting and play some games and more often than not I get to about 2pm and my battery is nearly dead! So now I end up having to take my charger to my work really is a pain seeing as my work mate has a bold 9700 and his battery last him at least 2 days and uses it the same as I do. Should I phone o2 and get them to send me out a new battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 09:39 AM
    I would have them send you a new battery. It is a smaller battery, but should last you at least a day. I have only had my Curve for a few days now, and yesterday I emailed and texted quite a bit. Not a ton of browsing, but I went from 8 AM to midnight and had 35% when I plugged it in. I am running OS6 if that makes a difference.

I believe the 9700 has a larger battery.

10-30-10 09:54 AM
    Did your curve come with os6? Since iv had my phone I have never went from the morning till night on a full charge lol

10-30-10 10:38 AM
    No. I loaded it myself. There are a few live links still if you're willing to look. If not I can throw it up on megaupload so you can download it. It isn't hard to upload the new OS on your device. I just install it on the computer and open DM and it recognizes it and you just chose it as the OS you want to use as the update.

My friend has hers on OS5 and she is constantly ytexting and emailing and she makes it an entire day.

10-30-10 01:06 PM
    Thanks but I don't have access to a pc or laptop just now so have to stick to os5 just now lol any news when os6 will be officially released?

I honestly don't know why my battery is like this I mean I done all the usual things when I got it, full charge and let it run down for a few cycles etc

10-31-10 04:41 AM
    Anyone knows how a case with sleeping sensor has influence on battery life?
    10-31-10 08:52 AM
    Anyone knows how a case with sleeping sensor has influence on battery life?
    I'm guessing the same as if your device was locked.

10-31-10 10:09 AM
    any news when os6 will be officially released?

No word yet, but rumors are saying mid-November or so. Soon.

10-31-10 10:10 AM
    For what it's worth, my battery life totally sucks too. By 2pm of a normal day, it has about 40% charge left. I have to charge mine at work constantly.
    12-17-10 12:16 PM
    I just got the 9330 2 days ago, and so far the battery hasnt been very good so last night i charged it fully from a low battery and before I went to bed and unplugged it and by morning it was down about 20%. Is this typical, or should I be making a trip to the verizon store?
    That's definitely abnormal, my battery life is great, no loss of charge at all overnight. You're not leaving Wifi on all night are you?

12-18-10 04:35 PM
    Mine is horrid on the new os 6.

12-25-10 02:35 PM
    Yea that's one of the reason's why I downgraded back to the 5.0.0.913 for the battery life and the column view on the browser.. I hate that the new 6.0 browser doesn't have column view.. Its a headache trying to navigate the whole page.. And having to zoom in and out is ridiculous! 6.0 also is way to clutter the extra menu and tabs are annoying and everything just seems to be on top of one another So I'm happy with my 5.0 gave 6.0 a try I'll stick with what I have it works perfect for me!

12-26-10 10:52 AM
    my battery is weird. I get about 2 days and sometimes 3 days. I only get 3 days if I turn off the device and charge it overnight. It turns on when my alarm goes off in the morning. If I just charge it to 100% when it's on then unplug it I get 2 days.
    12-30-10 11:10 PM
    Ran the battery down the first few days and holds a good charge and lasts me most of the week on a single charge
    12-31-10 06:40 AM
    I keep mine plugged in all night and have had a dead battery ONCE in 4 months. My battery life is great with a few bars left everyday even after heavy use

12-31-10 06:59 AM
    Blackberry batteries work better the more you charge them. Not sure if you are letting it run down everytime or just in the beginning. I plug mine in every chance I get and when it does have to stay off the charger it has a much better battery life.
    12-31-10 03:07 PM
    What's your signal like? My wife and I went to Wa for Christmas, and there was good reception there - her curve got a day and a half easy.
    In our apartment in Ut, reception is a little worse and she gets about the battery life you do.
    My battery life is much better in my apartment when I have wifi on.
    01-01-11 07:44 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD