Hi everyone i was thinking how handy it would be if i could wireless connect my playbook (when i get one) to my TV either directly or via receiver so i can playing some thing on the playbook and then i wonted to show anyone else at home i can just do it . eg. photos movies, net, presentations whatever . what do you think can this be done easlery without having to conect cord every time maybe just leave a usb receiver plugged into the side of my led tv
    10-20-10 10:55 PM
    Theoretically a dev could rewrite the driver for the HDMI output so it streams it via WiFi to a device which then sends it to the TV, but I'm pretty sure important system components such as the drivers are protected.
    10-20-10 11:14 PM
    There was recently a RIM market research study on the ability to do this. I'm guessing it was a tie in to the BlackBerry PlayBook because it came out around the same time and asked questions abt stuff that you could just tell was related to the PlayBook.

I can't access it any more to show you what I mean but, trust me.. something is either coming that will enable it or, the PlayBook will do it out of the box.
    10-21-10 12:01 AM
    Are you talking about DLNA?
    10-21-10 02:17 AM
    Are you talking about DLNA?
    Hi it sound cool sounds like there maybe something out there

I sure if dlna is excatly what I am after but I don't no to much about it . My little undersanding of it is that you need I home network setup . Iwas talking more device to device not device network device. Eg playbook - tv would be good and more portable cos then it would be much easier to take it anywhere and hook up to tv if there is no network avliable but even if dlna can't do this it could still be a solution for me . I prob could even handle plugging some small attching somethin small to hdmi port that would send a wireless single straight to a reciver as long as it was not to intruseive. Any ideas.

I admit I am no expert but if you dlna can do it directly then I am more than happy. At least there is a way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 06:39 AM
    Hi it sound cool sounds like there maybe something out there

I sure if dlna is excatly what I am after but I don't no to much about it . My little undersanding of it is that you need I home network setup . Iwas talking more device to device not device network device. Eg playbook - tv would be good and more portable cos then it would be much easier to take it anywhere and hook up to tv if there is no network avliable but even if dlna can't do this it could still be a solution for me . I prob could even handle plugging some small attching somethin small to hdmi port that would send a wireless single straight to a reciver as long as it was not to intruseive. Any ideas.

I admit I am no expert but if you dlna can do it directly then I am more than happy. At least there is a way

Yes DLNA does require a network. I have DLNA on my DX but I have never used it. I use my HDMI out on my device. I'm sure a different app can be made to do this, hopefully your TV will support it as well.
    10-21-10 07:05 AM
    Anybody thinking compatibility with BlackBerry presenter?

10-21-10 10:01 AM
    Anybody thinking compatibility with BlackBerry presenter?

Is anyone doubting it? That would be my question. Secondly, would anyone use it (the Presenter)?
    10-21-10 06:18 PM
    Is anyone doubting it? That would be my question. Secondly, would anyone use it (the Presenter)?
    Well its way more convenient then running a powerpoint from your BlackBerry

10-21-10 08:00 PM
    The intel wireless display stuff sounds like the ideal thing for what you want to do or there's the airplay stuff that apple announced a little while ago.

Wireless Display - Intel
    10-23-10 02:51 PM
    The intel wireless display stuff sounds like the ideal thing for what you want to do or there's the airplay stuff that apple announced a little while ago.

Wireless Display - Intel
    Intel Wireless Display is really not any different from DLNA in its technology, it's transmitting a video stream over WiFi. I wouldn't be surprised if it also requires a network (airplay definitely does). If it doesn't require a network then that's only because it creates its own ad-hoc network. None of this is really the same as WirelessHD or other UWB-based technology.

That being said, the PlayBook won't support UWB, it requires a completely new antenna and radio. The Intel Wireless Display standard however uses the existing WiFi radio. Even if the PlayBook isn't released with support for it, I see no reason it couldn't be added via a software update, or maybe even by a third party developer.
    10-23-10 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD