I jumped on the leaked OS about a week before it was made official by AT&T. Anybody have any opinions on why I should load the official, or would I just be wasting my time??
    Leaked .246 is running prime-time for me.
    Thanks in advance for any insight.
    10-20-10 10:19 PM
    I really don't think there's any difference between the two. I'm still running the leaked OS and I read most people that loaded it on theirs stuck with it or switched only to find them to be the same.
    10-20-10 11:41 PM
    Same Package number = Same OS...

Please read http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ve...-181-a-238534/
    10-21-10 01:28 AM
    Yes, as above.

All OS's are made by RIM.
    RIM makes a ton of OS's. Most are released to all carriers, some might be tailored for a particular carrier, like T-Mobile. Carriers test them and decide if the pros of an upgrade outweigh the hassle.

"Leaked" or "Official," if it's the same OS version, like v6.0.0.246, they are going to be the same.
    There are 2 main possibilities for variation.
    The first is the included languages, so you'll see MultiLanguage, EastAsia, All Languages, etc.
    The second is the radio file, which is indicated by the platform number. Different carriers might employ slightly different networks and the radio file will favour that carrier's network type.

So if the Platform version is different on your OS versus the AT&T release, and you're an AT&T customer, it might be worth swapping.
    Otherwise, you're golden!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 05:53 AM
    Sounds good, folks! Thanks for the input. Staying put for now, since I have the "unofficial" official latest. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD