The backlight does not stay illuminated. It only gives me the dim view unless I plugged in the charger. Anyone had this issue?

Thanks
    10-20-10 08:54 AM
    Have you tried going into options>screen/keyboard and changing the backlight brightness? There's an option to have the backlight brightness automatically dim in a certain amount of time. Or maybe your brightness is just set really low? You can even turn it off so that it doesn't dim at all. If you've already tried that, i'm not sure what else. Most likely a hardware issue. Hope this helps!
    10-20-10 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the response. Yes my settings for brightness have not been changed. I have it set at 100 and timeout at 30 sec. I am assuming its a hardware issue since I did a battery pull a few times already.
    10-20-10 09:13 AM
    You know, its funny. I had that same issue with my bold and my tour. It would dim most of the time for no reason and out of nowhere light up to the original setting. I don't know why they do that. So I just turned off the timeout and it stays on all the time. I dont worry about battery drainage. I always have a charging source near me :P
    10-20-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD