Can anyone confirm that you do or do not get the red led notification when you miss a call without a 3rd party app installed. I searched and it seems as some do and some don't. I am almost certain my 9000 and 9700 did this but can't be 100% sure now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 04:49 AM
    This option can be turned on or off like all berries have been. By default i believe its on, and no its native not a third party app design, there is however third party apps to change the color of the led for each individual notification.

It's one of the things that makes a blackberry a blackberry.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-20-10 at 04:54 AM.
    10-20-10 04:52 AM
    So I think mine does not work, or I am not seeing the obvious way to turn it on? Any help on how to do it?

10-20-10 05:03 AM
    Options > Sounds and Ring tones > Phone Ring Tone > Visual alerts.
    10-20-10 05:08 AM
    So I have it set to LED on , I guess I am to assume its not working properly . I tried a battery pull already.

10-20-10 06:34 AM
    I would assume since you have it set to on and its not working that its probably defective. Maybe try wiping and reloading the OS, if that doesn't help it then I would return it for a replacement.
    10-20-10 06:41 AM
    Theme and profile dependant. Use normal or loud with stock theme and try it.

I use phone calls only and I get NO LED on missed calls.

Its not defective its user error

10-20-10 07:08 AM
    Didn't even think of profile or theme. Although I don's believe there is a theme out for the 9800 that would turn that notification off.

Ok just tried using vibrate and phone only stock profiles, and I still have the led when the call is coming in but not after i have the missed call notification.

If it doesn't work in this fashion then it's almost certainly defective.
    10-20-10 07:20 AM
    I have had it set to normal all this time and tried to loud and still nothing, I will try to reload the OS and see if this corrects it .

10-20-10 07:34 AM
    Hey Guys, anyone notice that if they get a notification - Email, missed calls, bbm and so on, the led will flash (as long as you have it set to do so) well my led will stop flashing if I take too long to check the message. Anyone else experience this? I can't find an option to keep the led flashing until I tend to the notification. Kinda bugs me..
    10-29-10 09:26 PM
    There have been issues changing the default profiles since early OS5. Create a custom profile to your liking and activate it - done.

10-29-10 10:42 PM
    Hey Guys, anyone notice that if they get a notification - Email, missed calls, bbm and so on, the led will flash (as long as you have it set to do so) well my led will stop flashing if I take too long to check the message. Anyone else experience this? I can't find an option to keep the led flashing until I tend to the notification. Kinda bugs me..
    Not sure if there's an option to keep it flashing forever without a 3rd party app.

I'd check out the BerryBuzz app. It's one of the best apps imo for your problem. The LED will stay on indefinitely till u get to the phone. You can customize LED color/flash frequency/add sounds/and customize the LED color/sounds to different situations(like txt msg vs. missed call) or even people. Also, you can configure it to turn off notifications at certain times of day, like when you're asleep.
    10-30-10 09:49 AM
    Yes, I am looking for a solution as to why my visual alerts are not staying on too. I find after a short period of time they just shut off.
    10-30-10 12:57 PM
    Visual alerts stay for 15 minutes. As I said earlier, create a custom profile or use BerryBuzz etc.

10-30-10 01:01 PM
    Can anyone confirm that you do or do not get the red led notification when you miss a call without a 3rd party app installed. I searched and it seems as some do and some don't. I am almost certain my 9000 and 9700 did this but can't be 100% sure now.
    Nope... BlackBerries don't give led notifications for missed calls

You'll need a 3rd party app for that
    10-30-10 06:04 PM
    BerryBuzz is a good choice for all different kinds of LED notifications.
    10-30-10 06:11 PM
    I love BerryBuzz..that was the first app I got when I came back to blackberry..
    10-30-10 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD