I just got the 3g curve. Any advice for a newbie? I had a lg env touch before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 03:19 PM
    Hey dcfc, welcome to the zoo! Here's a great place to start.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

10-19-10 05:04 PM
    Also take your time to get used to the way a bb works. Don't be in a big hurry to download a million apps. And any questions you have, may have already been answered, save yourself some time and search the forums first. The tab on the top right of this page. Happy hunting, enjoy your berry!

10-19-10 05:08 PM
    I just got the 3g curve. Any advice for a newbie? I had a lg env touch before.

Welcome! Like others before have said, take your time to learn how Blackberry works. Let us know if you have any questions, and please provide some feedback on your experience with your new device.
    10-19-10 10:06 PM
    Yeah, the BB 101 series really helped me figure out how the phone works. Read all of them!
    10-20-10 12:12 AM
    How do I get images to show up in email?

10-20-10 08:44 AM
    I tried options but that didn't work!

10-20-10 08:45 AM
    How do I get images to show up in email?

Images will not automatically show up. There is no setting to make this happen. You have to open the menu and select show images.

One other bit of advise. There are alot of Apple and Android fanboys that frequent the forum. Don't let their comments get to you.
    10-20-10 09:11 AM
    Hey welcome to the forum! Like everyone else has said, search the forum. People are always talking about issues or problems with their berries and get some pretty helpful answers usually.

How are you checking your email? Did you setup your email onto your blackberry?
    10-20-10 09:14 AM
    Yes on my blackberry

10-20-10 09:18 AM
    Why is that I actually have to read each email for the notification to go awAy? Why can't I just open email see what's there read some but not all (some are junk) and close email and the notification go away, like it did with mobile email with my previous phone?

10-20-10 09:23 AM
    Chris,

There's an app for that! It's called Show Me The Images, it's a couple dollars, but it works well and does exactally what you want, AND you can control which email address are allowed to display images....

Show Me the Images - Take control of the images in your inbox! - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    10-20-10 09:24 AM
    Well in your email, go into the menu, click on options and then go to Email Settings. Then you will see Enable HTML Email, click yes. Then you will see Download Images Automatically, click yes there as well and then save. That should help. Let us know if you still have any problems.
    10-20-10 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD