Hi friends,
    I am trying to buy a used 9650 to replace my storm1 which is rebooting randomly. I had couple of Qs about porting apps before I get one.
    can any of you confirm whether following apps work with 9650 which are essential for my survival ;D
    Audible
    podtrapper
    meterberry
    QL
    Peek -a-go
    Baby-go
    Simple weather
    tether
    Google Voice
    Bible ( you version)

Most I have brought from crackberry store and some from app world. Any body has experiece in porting apps from storm to 9650 Bold in both stores.
    I don't have 100 post in crackberry to post in Market place and hence I wil be getting the Bold from E-bay or craiglist. Any pointers on what I need to look out in the used ones other than a clean ESN.
    10-19-10 12:48 PM
    The only app I used on your list is Google Voice. I can confirm it works on the 9650.

As for purchasing a used phone, if you're doing it from ebay, check the seller's rating and return policy. Also, pay with Paypal, as you'll have some insurance if the item isn't working for a return. If you're buying on CL (perferred), meet the seller in a public area (or local carrier store) and check to make sure the ESN is valid. This can be done at the store or via phone. If the seller is legit, they shouldn't have a problem with this. Also, check the make sure the charger/charging port works. Lastly, check and make sure all the accessories are with the phone (i.e. case, data cable, manual, etc.). Good luck.
    10-19-10 01:51 PM
    I also switched from a storm to the bold. Crackberry/mobihand can switch your apps to compatible ones (I believe it's an option when you login to the store using your account info). I haven't figured out how to do this with BB Appworld. Podtrapper, QL and Google Voice all work, I use those on my bold now. (plus it's nice not having to switch the browser on the bold to firefox, just to dl google voice - works with the bb browser). the others, I'm not sure. Hope that helps.
    10-19-10 02:07 PM
    Along the lines of buying used, my friend bought a phone from gazelle_store on ebay recently, highly recommend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 02:51 PM
    The only app I used on your list is Google Voice. I can confirm it works on the 9650.

As for purchasing a used phone, if you're doing it from ebay, check the seller's rating and return policy. Also, pay with Paypal, as you'll have some insurance if the item isn't working for a return. If you're buying on CL (perferred), meet the seller in a public area (or local carrier store) and check to make sure the ESN is valid. This can be done at the store or via phone. If the seller is legit, they shouldn't have a problem with this. Also, check the make sure the charger/charging port works. Lastly, check and make sure all the accessories are with the phone (i.e. case, data cable, manual, etc.). Good luck.
    Thank you for detailed reply
    Hope that Verizon can activate the phone after checking the ESN if I meet the seller at a store. That will be perfect as I can see the phone before paying the seller
    I am buying from ebay 1st time and hence I get confused with the rating system.
    10-19-10 03:01 PM
    I also switched from a storm to the bold. Crackberry/mobihand can switch your apps to compatible ones (I believe it's an option when you login to the store using your account info). I haven't figured out how to do this with BB Appworld. Podtrapper, QL and Google Voice all work, I use those on my bold now. (plus it's nice not having to switch the browser on the bold to firefox, just to dl google voice - works with the bb browser). the others, I'm not sure. Hope that helps.
    Thats big as GV is one app I use alot for SMS over data.
    I am hoping that Blackberry ID in app world 2.0 can somehow help me during switching. I have already created one for my apps.
    Podtrapper is my life line during my my daily montonous driving
    10-19-10 03:34 PM
    Thank you for detailed reply
    Hope that Verizon can activate the phone after checking the ESN if I meet the seller at a store. That will be perfect as I can see the phone before paying the seller
    I am buying from ebay 1st time and hence I get confused with the rating system.
    I would have them check the ESN and then take it home to activate it online. In the store they usually charge you 20 bucks to activate a new phone on your line. If you do it online its free. Thats how it is at the verizon corp. stores in my area at least.
    10-19-10 03:45 PM
    Hi friends,
    I am trying to buy a used 9650 to replace my storm1 which is rebooting randomly. I had couple of Qs about porting apps before I get one.
    can any of you confirm whether following apps work with 9650 which are essential for my survival ;D
    Audible
    podtrapper
    meterberry
    QL
    Peek -a-go
    Baby-go
    Simple weather
    tether
    Google Voice
    Bible ( you version)

Most I have brought from crackberry store and some from app world. Any body has experiece in porting apps from storm to 9650 Bold in both stores.
    I don't have 100 post in crackberry to post in Market place and hence I wil be getting the Bold from E-bay or craiglist. Any pointers on what I need to look out in the used ones other than a clean ESN.
    I use Meterberry, QL and Tether; they all work fine. I'm on BB6 and they work on it as well.
    10-19-10 04:58 PM
    The Bible works fine too on 9650, os5 & os6
    10-19-10 05:06 PM
    I would have them check the ESN and then take it home to activate it online. In the store they usually charge you 20 bucks to activate a new phone on your line. If you do it online its free. Thats how it is at the verizon corp. stores in my area at least.
    I need to check that with my local verizon store to find out about their policy. Tks for the info
    10-20-10 10:18 AM
    I use Meterberry, QL and Tether; they all work fine. I'm on BB6 and they work on it as well.
    Thats good . QL and tether are life line for me
    10-20-10 10:20 AM
    The Bible works fine too on 9650, os5 & os6
    Thank you. I was waiting to get a traditional blackeberry to use the keyboad shortcuts. I could see that they listed those in tips for storm version also
    10-20-10 10:23 AM
    I think most of my apps will be working in 9650. Does any body know of Audible app. Its buggy in storm also but i have huge liberay already which I would love to have in my BB.
    Baby go and Peek a go are kiddy apps to keep them busy during flight or in grocery stores. I am hoping both will work in 9650 .
    can somebody confirm it.
    10-20-10 10:28 AM
    Along the lines of buying used, my friend bought a phone from gazelle_store on ebay recently, highly recommend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

as all of the app questions have been covered, I will add this, I second the gazelle_store on ebay. Have made two purchases from them and both have been fantastic. so that might be a way to go too.
    10-20-10 11:17 AM
    I have never heard being charged a fee for a store to activate a phone. I got my Bold and there was no activation fee. I did everything else. I didn't order it online and I could had done it myself but since I bought it in the store, they just did it for me.
    I would meet the seller at the store, that is the safest thing you can do. You do want to make sure it is a clean esn and it is good to go.
    As for your apps those will all run well on your "new" 9650 When I make a switch to a new device, I just go into my apps account and make the PIN switch then I scroll down on all my apps that were paid for and make the switch. It also works on themes that can be switched as well as long as they support the device.
    It is easy.
    10-20-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD