I bought Quicklaunch (I have purchased 4 times for different devices over a period of time!) and the activation code didn't work. I emailed support 4 times and kept getting an automated email referring me to the FAQ. The solutions didn't work, and I emailed again. He then called me an ***** and didn't resolve the issue. Basically he's taken my money and I can't use the product. Beware!
    10-19-10 11:28 AM
    Were you abrasive in any of your 4 emails?
    10-19-10 11:40 AM
    In my frustration I said CAN'T YOU READ in one of them. This was due to constant referrals to the FAQ. Had he read my emails he would have understood.
    10-19-10 11:43 AM
    That's weird, QL's customer service is always 10/10 for me :s
    10-19-10 11:50 AM
    Anyway, the bottom line is that he's taken my money and not provided the purchased item. The amount is miniscule but the principle is awful. I'll take the appropriate measures. There is nothing in law that states you can withhold goods that are paid for because you didn't like someone's tone.
    10-19-10 11:51 AM
    That's weird, QL's customer service is always 10/10 for me :s
    I'm sure you're right, I've read good reports in the past. However, not the case today.
    10-19-10 11:53 AM
    did you check the FAQ?
    10-19-10 12:28 PM
    did you check the FAQ?
    Yes, nothing worked.
    10-19-10 12:29 PM
    I bought Quicklaunch (I have purchased 4 times for different devices over a period of time!) and the activation code didn't work. I emailed support 4 times and kept getting an automated email referring me to the FAQ. The solutions didn't work, and I emailed again. He then called me an ***** and didn't resolve the issue. Basically he's taken my money and I can't use the product. Beware!
    Take it up with PayPal. I had an issue with an app not downloading in app world properly and not letting me purchase again, re-purchased it with a different PayPal account and it worked, then put a PayPal clame in for the original failed purchase and got a full refund. So PayPal claim might work for you.

Roland
    10-19-10 03:15 PM
    Still waiting on a reply from an email i sent him 3 weeks ago. No, it was not an FAQ. He probs picks & chooses which he wants to deal with. You gotta remember he's made a nut ton of money off this app, so I'd prob be the same way.
    10-19-10 03:39 PM
    Did you buy via Mobihand?
    10-19-10 05:34 PM
    Still waiting on a reply from an email i sent him 3 weeks ago. No, it was not an FAQ. He probs picks & chooses which he wants to deal with. You gotta remember he's made a nut ton of money off this app, so I'd prob be the same way.
    don't think so. i reply to everyone. it's probably in your spam mail or you deleted my reply. go troll somewhere else please.

as for the OP, the first email from him was rude. i replied and asked him if he tried the steps on the faq to get a code. he replied even more rudely saying 'I ALREADY HAVE A CODE!!!! CANT YOU READ??????' . i told him i dont respond to rude emails. he spat back more crap and threatened me. he asked for a refund and said he would 'flood the forums' blah blah blah. i gave him the refund immediately. Then he says he wants info on the account and blah blah of the refund so he could include it in his 'lawsuit'. I called him an i*d**t because that's what he is. an i*d**t. i don't regret saying it either and no troll posts here are going to make me feel any different. he could have just said 'yes i tried the faq' then i would have looked up his info and given him one like i do all day long. then he claims to be a lawyer and is gona sue me - as if you need to be a lawyer to sue someone. his spelling and grammatical errors and overall behavior suggest otherwise. what-everrr. good luck with that. also claims to have written me 4 times. yea sure.... if anything he wrote to the address that automatically sends the faq and states several times in the email if problem is not fixed then to email me at etc etc etc. some ppl dont read this and continue to send emails to the faq address until they eventually read the faq and send an email to the other address and state "THIS IS THE 4TH TIME I'VE EMAILED YOU W/ NO RESPONSE!!". This is either what he did or he's just lying.

In either case i emailed him immediately after i got his initial email and refunded him immediately after he asked for it. He is no longer a customer of mine so good riddance.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 10-19-10 at 06:09 PM.
    10-19-10 06:06 PM
    I had a problem once with my activation code. I emailed the auto response address, tried the f&q but didn't work, so I emailed the direct email address, and the owner emailed very quickly with new code that worked. My experience was a pleasant one.
    10-19-10 06:18 PM
    Eric offers such horrible customer service that I have written positive reviews on BerryReview.com encouraging the improvement of his software to add more features, and shared his software with 100s of corporate clients in my professional life...ya, horrible service!
    10-19-10 09:30 PM
    I gotta side with the developer on this one...I've had multiple device replacements and each time mobihand gives me a messed up code. Every time I email him he helps me out quickly and efficiently. I've had a lot worse experience with other developers, some of which don't even respond (stormslider)...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 09:53 PM
    I have to concur with the majority. Eric is a outstanding developer who's willing to go over and beyond to help customers and improve his app.

10-19-10 10:05 PM
    don't think so. i reply to everyone. it's probably in your spam mail or you deleted my reply. go troll somewhere else please.

as for the OP, the first email from him was rude. i replied and asked him if he tried the steps on the faq to get a code. he replied even more rudely saying 'I ALREADY HAVE A CODE!!!! CANT YOU READ??????' . i told him i dont respond to rude emails. he spat back more crap and threatened me. he asked for a refund and said he would 'flood the forums' blah blah blah. i gave him the refund immediately. Then he says he wants info on the account and blah blah of the refund so he could include it in his 'lawsuit'. I called him an i*d**t because that's what he is. an i*d**t. i don't regret saying it either and no troll posts here are going to make me feel any different. he could have just said 'yes i tried the faq' then i would have looked up his info and given him one like i do all day long. then he claims to be a lawyer and is gona sue me - as if you need to be a lawyer to sue someone. his spelling and grammatical errors and overall behavior suggest otherwise. what-everrr. good luck with that. also claims to have written me 4 times. yea sure.... if anything he wrote to the address that automatically sends the faq and states several times in the email if problem is not fixed then to email me at etc etc etc. some ppl dont read this and continue to send emails to the faq address until they eventually read the faq and send an email to the other address and state "THIS IS THE 4TH TIME I'VE EMAILED YOU W/ NO RESPONSE!!". This is either what he did or he's just lying.

In either case i emailed him immediately after i got his initial email and refunded him immediately after he asked for it. He is no longer a customer of mine so good riddance.

I'm siding with you on this as well. Many times I've seen and experienced your willingness to go above and beyond for your users.

10-19-10 11:38 PM
    ...he's made a nut ton of money off this app...
    Hehe, nut ton
    You are aware that developers don't make THAT much money off of their apps, right?

10-19-10 11:45 PM
    Heh...ya I figured you'd say that "spam email" response. I check that more than my inbox. You may have missed my email (or somin). Maybe you should check your spam email? Can go both ways. It was just my experience.
    I know you deal with a lot of stupid users, so I understand your most common replies like that & the infamous "set perms to allow on all" etc. Whatevs....hopefully, I can go android very soon

10-20-10 12:13 AM
    Hehe, nut ton
    You are aware that developers don't make THAT much money off of their apps, right?

Sure. That's fairly obvious given our lack of extremely useful apps. Although, a lot of that is RIMs fault too, imo. Anyway, I think in QL's case it's pretty safe to assume he's made a nice chunk off his hard work

10-20-10 12:16 AM
    Sure. That's fairly obvious given our lack of extremely useful apps. Although, a lot of that is RIMs fault too, imo. Anyway, I think in QL's case it's pretty safe to assume he's made a nice chunk off his hard work

I agree that RIM could have done more sooner to get on the app train, though QNX may help that.
    I hope he has made a nut ton (that's my favorite phrase now) off of QL

10-20-10 12:32 AM
    I have had quicklaunch for quite awhile. I have changed devices and all I had to do was go into my account and transfer it over to the new device using the same activation code. Customer service has always been great.
    10-20-10 04:06 AM

The developer and I both know the real facts, so no more debate is required. He has now refunded my money. It's a shame that he has such an attitude issue, and would have been better if he had simply resolved the activation issue as requested. Still, I can sleep with a clear conscience. Can he?
    10-20-10 04:16 AM
    I can't and won't get into the attitude beef itself. From what I see here is that the OP admittedly had some discord, and Eric appeared to be a bit miffed himself. I think they both are suffering from the same thing... Dealing with the same damn problems over and over again. The OP appeared to be constantly dealing with autoreply, and Eric may have just been dealing with the last 200 irate emails about those who don't follow the directions in the autoreply itself. After a while on both ends it gets frustrating. Also, talk of filing fees, research/evidence prep, and appearance time for lawsuits for a $5 app sounds ridiculous IMO. Is it really worth it?

I can say one thing about QL though regarding general support issues, and activation codes. I get plenty of support from him when needed. To be honest, I still have an issue that has never been resolved, but I can say I have had 60+ marathon email sessions with him (remember Eric-Ha Ha), while he did everything in his power to assist me. Yes, the sessions always start with a "permissions" thing, but you have to start somewhere for a base. You go through the same thing when you call your cellular provider, local bank etc. It may be a bit boring/frustrating that you always have to go through the motions, but the person on the other end needs to have protocols set for trouble shooting. I myself hate having to call my provider, be transferred to separate tier levels, and have to give the same information 10 times to everyone, and perform the same steps every time. I also hate to be told to set permissions, do battery pulls and such, when my default permissions are set to allow, and I have pulled the battery so many times I get wear marks on the inside of my device. But there has to be a starting point.

With that said, I have switched devices multiple times on Mobihand. Steelthorn and Nikkisoft are the ONLY developers that will provide a secondary email follow-up confirming a new activation code for me. No other developers take the time to set up a system like this. This is much appreciated, when MH sometimes does not get it right. Can't say the same for AppWorld, and if you search for "Quicklaunch", in every thread you will see Eric clearly almost beg users not to buy from AW in the first place. This has to hurt his sales in many ways, because AW is available for millions of users world wide. But, he probably feels that messing with AW is not worth the aggravation for the end user and himself.

Overall, things may fall through the cracks, but it's hard to get service like that. Although my issue has never been resolved, I didn't really care because he showed me that he was willing to assist me. That means more than anything.
    10-20-10 05:40 AM
    I've had nothing but good one on one help from QL support. My recent problem is with appworld I think. When I dl 3.3 it installs the old version. Appworld and my applications menu in options says 3.3 but qL about shows it being older. It really sucks.

10-20-10 11:16 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD