Shoot straight. Any business types rocking this phone? Or is it marketed to the ladies? Just asking....
    10-18-10 11:51 PM
    I know a few men I work for at my office who use the 9105 version. They like how it's a "normal" keypad that they were used to using but still has all the Blackberry capabilities. =)
    10-19-10 04:41 AM
    I'm still working my 8100 (will get the 9100 soon). I'm an architect, so I don't know how "business" that may be perceived as, but I do go to a lot of meetings with owners and contractors. Even use it to take site visit photos. My wife had the 8100 too, but she dumped it for the iPhone.

As far as marketing is concerned, at least here in the States, the Pearl's not being marketed to anyone - male, female, or gecko. Not a peep about it even being finally available except for these few BB and other cell phone related tech blogs.

RIM did put out that one video back during WES last April when the Pearl was first announced, and it was rather female-centric - trying to show it as a "party" phone of sorts. I thought it was a stupid move.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by joeldf; 10-19-10 at 09:30 AM.
    10-19-10 09:27 AM
    If it's for the ladies they aren't doing well on that avenue - at least in my house. My wife really doesn't like my 8120, and I don't think she'll be too crazy for the 9100 either.

The 9105 *might* be a better choice for marketing to the ladies but as someone else pointed out the 3G pearl isn't being marketed to *anyone* in the US right now.
    10-19-10 12:25 PM
    I know a few men I work for at my office who use the 9105 version. They like how it's a "normal" keypad that they were used to using but still has all the Blackberry capabilities. =)
    Where did a few men get that phone from?
    10-19-10 12:59 PM
    I don't know how you would think this is marketed to ladies.... because its small? I like it cause I can throw it in my pocket... and it does not take a lot of space.
    10-22-10 05:25 PM
    How small are your pockets? Stop buying the skinny jeans. LOL
    With the color that they have plus the ad at WES. I perceive it as a lady phone.
    But nothing wrong for a man to have it as well.

10-22-10 05:29 PM
    loving mine, next upgrade, the style gsm version
    10-22-10 06:34 PM
    well i put down my 9700 and bought the pearl 3g the curve i think is marketed to women and the new style. The pearl is like having a bold all the same function in a smaller version but since i got it everyone like really dislike the phone
    10-23-10 07:57 AM
    As a 30 year old male that loves blackberrys I currently have a pearl 9100 on at&t. I love this phone small powerful and compact does everything I need it to. By the way I am a car mechanic

11-02-10 09:48 PM
    ^ do you live in San Francisco? =)
    11-03-10 11:15 AM
    For f**k sakes, when are ppl gonna get off of this "pearl is a girl phone" s**t? Seriously. I'm a 38 yr old dude who's rocking my all black 9100 and loving it. Not everyone wants or needs a full keyboard. Suretype is one of the most brilliant and unique keyboard designs ever devised...
    11-03-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD