I have a 9650. I was running 6.0 OS for a month or so, and then I noticed the battery began to drain quicker and I had a memory leak. So I backed up my BB and installed 5.0.0.732 and restored. A few days later my BB locked up and when I went to reboot it seemed to take forever, and got slow around 75% of the way back up. I backed up my BB, wiped it JL_Cmder and then restored my BB. No longer do I have a memory leak, and my battery life is back to where it was. But no my reboot time is insane. I rebooted last night and it took me about 35 minutes. It slows down and hangs around 75% still. When I 1st got this replacement BB in July, I was rebooting in less then 10 minutes. I have nothing on it different from then. Any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    Jason
    10-18-10 07:56 PM
    Not sure. When I first got my Bold it only took 5 minutes or less to boot. Now mine takes 15-20 minutes to boot sometimes. I'm guessing it may have something to do with the 3rd party apps.
    10-18-10 09:09 PM
    If you arent running OS6 you may consider it, I have 2-3 min boot times with it
    10-18-10 09:10 PM
    I was running os 6 but I began to drop down in memory quite a lot
    10-18-10 09:20 PM
    When I 1st got my 9650 the reboot time was around 5 minutes but ever since I upgraded my OS it takes 15 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 10:20 PM
    Mine is doing the same, 30 minute reboots....and it hangs up at zd%. I'm not sure why yet and I'd like to find the answer

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-18-10 10:34 PM
    I'm running the 975 leak and mine reboots in 3.5 to 4 minutes.

10-19-10 06:54 AM
    I'm running the 975 leak and mine reboots in 3.5 to 4 minutes.

About the same for me...maybe closer to 3.5 min. Also, I run NO social networking software on my device. I DO run a half dozen news apps, weather app, and a Today theme. I also run SmartAlerts in the background. There is some other junk on here too, but nothing that interferes with a reboot. I would venture to say that a delayed reboot is app related.
    10-19-10 08:14 AM
    Some folks have theorized that it is the databases and not the number of apps that creates the slow boot times some of us see. Mine is about 12 minutes and it is very irritating (still on 810)

My databases are not huge, at least, I don't think so. I have one calendar with about 10-15 repeating appts (birthdays, tax deadlines). I don't do texting so no sms stuff, I don't keep emails and don't use tasks. I have about 120 contacts.

But I was wondering if the number of email accounts might be an issue. While I don't keep emails, I do access 5 or 6 accounts. Could it be doing something with those? I guess I could do an install and not restore any of my data bases (passwordkeeper, contacts, calendar....) and reboot and reboot again a few times.

Maybe if I upgrade to the new OS 5 from Verizon, I will not restore data and see....
    10-19-10 11:05 AM
    Do a fresh install. but dont install any apps or restore backups. Monitor the boot and and gradually restore apps one by one. After each app is isntalled, monitor the boot time. Also monitor the boot time after the restore of data.

It's a tedious procedure but it's the only way to find out what the culprit it.
    10-19-10 11:10 AM
    I'm seeing very good load times with OS6.

I recall reading somewhere that some people noticed better boot times without their microSD card in. Perhaps the size and amount of data stored on that has something to do with the loading? Just a thought.
    10-19-10 01:47 PM
    I use Facebook, beejiveIM, twitter, social feeds, have 2 email accounts pushed, and I keep my texts for 30 days (I'm a teenager. I text a LOT), I run berryweather and berrybuzz. I also have news and stock apps running at startup. I boot up on .280 in about 3 minutes.

10-19-10 05:16 PM
    Do a fresh install. but dont install any apps or restore backups. Monitor the boot and and gradually restore apps one by one. After each app is isntalled, monitor the boot time. Also monitor the boot time after the restore of data.

I'm seeing very good load times with OS6.

I recall reading somewhere that some people noticed better boot times without their microSD card in. Perhaps the size and amount of data stored on that has something to do with the loading? Just a thought.
    I'll try both of these ideas and report back.
    thanks
    10-19-10 05:45 PM
    well having memory card out during reboot didn't do anything. So I just wiped my BB and I am reinstalling 5.0.0.732. And I am going to see how it goes 1 app at a time.

Also this is kinda weird as well. With my BBs in the past as well as my 9650 when I 1st got it and with OS 6.0, when I save a birthday with a contact it would alarm in my calendar at 11:45 pm, since the last time I reinstalled .732 it alarms at 4:45 am. Any ideas how I can get it back to 11:45 pm? Or even set a specific time? I haven't changed any setting that might have affected this.
    10-23-10 02:23 AM

boot up with .732 and no restore is around 2 minutes. Let's see what happpens. thanks again
    10-23-10 02:43 AM
    boot up with .732 and no restore is around 2 minutes. Let's see what happpens. thanks again
    Have you added back your data such as contacts, appts, events, etc?

So are you going to add apps or data back first?

I will be following this since I dislike my 10 minute boot up time.
    10-23-10 10:29 AM
    BB6 .280 3.5 minutes

This is faster than my boot times on OS5.
    10-23-10 04:14 PM
    Have you added back your data such as contacts, appts, events, etc?

So are you going to add apps or data back first?

I will be following this since I dislike my 10 minute boot up time.
    my calendar is restored, as well as emails and texts. And boot up is just under 10 minutes now. I am going to add apps back 1 at a time and see what happens. So far I put back weathereye, and google maps and boot up time hasn't changed too much
    10-23-10 05:50 PM
    I updated to the new OS and the boot times are insane. They sometimes take over 45 minutes. I was so unhappy that I ended up going back to .732

10-25-10 03:03 AM
    Mine boots in 2-3 minutes tops. About 10-12 apps installed. 45 minutes??????
    10-25-10 05:00 AM
    7 minute boot time, 23 apps
    10-25-10 05:55 AM
    I just upgraded to .975 and my boot time seems to be aroundf 20-30 minutes. I have 14 apps installed. What causes the boot time to be so long? Its irritating.
    10-25-10 11:44 AM
    my boot up time with OS 6 is now up from 1:48 to now 2:15 cause of the 5 apps i have on my phone. i really don't miss OS 5 and its 7-10 minute boot up times lol
    10-25-10 12:15 PM
    my calendar is restored, as well as emails and texts. And boot up is just under 10 minutes now. I am going to add apps back 1 at a time and see what happens. So far I put back weathereye, and google maps and boot up time hasn't changed too much
    So adding back some data (calendar, email and texts) jumped the boot time from 2-3 minutes to 10 minutes? Sounds like the data is part of the slow down - wonder what is happening - checking for integrity or reindexing or .....
    10-25-10 12:52 PM
    It's most likely a bad database. I had the same issue, I was running 5.0.something, stock from Verizon, and started getting longer and longer boot times. It got to be 20 minutes or more, the fill bar would get stuck near the "e" and sit there.

I did full wipe and fresh install. I did NOT restore anything, actually built the device back up to where it was before. This is recommended since your device will need to rebuild the databases from scratch. I have since reinstalled all my apps, added new ones, deleted others, and so on, happy to say my boot time is still around the 3-4 min mark. I have about 25 3rd party apps also installed and do not slow it down. At least I no longer fear the message "needs to reboot your device".
    10-25-10 02:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD