I have the opportunity to do a straight swap, my storm 2 for the bold 9650. I've been looking for a new phone, would anyone confirm that this is a good swap?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 06:36 PM
    I would say go for it! The bold has more memory and it's blackberry 6 capable. I have the bold and it is a good solid phone, the best CDMA blackberry out right now.

10-18-10 06:41 PM
    I just did the same thing a few weeks ago, and its the best move I've made....the 9650 smokes the s2, and the keyboard shortcuts are sweet!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-18-10 10:31 PM
    The 9650 is a great device. Go for it!

10-19-10 06:44 AM
    The bold is a great bb but wait 1-2 months newer bb's are on the way.

10-19-10 06:48 AM
    First, my only other berry was a Tour so I have never had a Storm2. The Bold is one fine device with the added memory, great screen resolution, look and feel. I highly recommend it and would suggest that it's a great swap for you.

Previous poster says wait for some new berries to be released, that may be a great idea also; however, can you put the deal on hold and substitute another phone for the Bold? I would think this is the question you will need to answer as you make your decision.

If you get the Bold, welcome to this forum. As a matter of fact, welcome anyway!
    10-19-10 07:45 AM
    go for the bold, do it do it do it
    10-19-10 08:52 AM
    +1 About the Bold. I went from the Storm, to the Tour, back to the Storm and now have a Bold and it is THE best blackberry IMO. Fast, smooth software, the memory is great, and I have never had any problems with it. I didn't have the storm 2, but this phone blows Storm 1 out of the water in so many ways, I wouldn't even consider going back to that or even the Storm 2.
    10-19-10 09:41 AM
    I would say go for it. I did a straight swap for the Bold from a Storm 2 and didn't have to burn my upgrade. Best BB decision I've made. Like an earlier poster said, it also depends if you are swapping or burning an upgrade. If you're burning an upgrade, I'd say wait as well IMO...
    10-19-10 11:38 AM
    I have the opportunity to do a straight swap, my storm 2 for the bold 9650. I've been looking for a new phone, would anyone confirm that this is a good swap?

yup. it is. i always have a spot for the bold
    10-19-10 11:39 AM
    Just swapped, didn't have to burn an upgrade. Will be posting my thoughts after I get the bold activated on my account. And I did it through craigslist, which is why I didn't have to burn an upgrade

10-19-10 12:10 PM
    good choice! I had the S2 since last dec, decided to get the Bold off Craigs list for $200 brand new in box. Loaded OS6 on it, good so far, smooth! Load it up and give it a try
    10-19-10 07:58 PM
    No brainer
    10-19-10 09:12 PM
    Depends on the swap If you'd be using up an upgrade, I'd say wait. If not, I'd say go for it.
    Although as far as the upgrade, I wouldn't use your upgrade on a bold - you can get one out of contract almost as cheap as with a new one.
    10-19-10 11:22 PM

I just made the same swap today on craigslist,loaded OS6 on it and absolutely love it. The bold blows the Storm 2 away, speed and responsiveness is awesome. You wont be sorry.
    10-22-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD