I sold one of my blackberry's on ebay, which I had previously used to read my email on my own imap server. I first wiped the device using the feature in the security options (I checked all the checkboxes, emails / data, apps, and media card)

Next I configured my older blackberry to read my email from my server, all is good...

Then 2 days later I get a message sent to my blackberry device (this message does not show up in my imap server, only on the device itself): "Congratulations, you have successfully set up [email protected] with your Blackberry(R) device. You should begin receiving new messages in approximately 20 minutes", which to me, looks suspisiously like somebody setup their blackberry to read my email.

Is that just a fluke message, or is somebody probably reading my email? The odd thing is that that was the second time I recieved that message... I also got that message the day I switched over to my older blackberry and configured it (which is normal / expected), but I didn't expect to get that message a second time within a few days of selling one of my other blackberry's.

Am I paranoid? I already (within seconds) reset the password on my imap server, just in case, but I've been hesitating to update the new password on my current blackberry, just because I don't trust / understand what is going on!
    10-18-10 02:12 PM
    Have you changed your BIS settings to the new device?
    10-18-10 02:25 PM
    I would imagine I've changed everything needed to change... on the second phone (the one I kept) when I plugged in my sim card and tried to get at my email it came up with a prompt saying "In order to receive email on this device you need to ... do something ... , can't remember what the "something" was, but I did it, and I was getting emails sent to my current BB.

I also got the first "Activation successfull" email... It's the second time I'm getting that message, only this time a few days later (and after I've been receiving piles of email in the meantime), which is what's worrying me...
    10-18-10 02:29 PM
    Did you remove the old BB's PIN from your BIS?

If you go through your carriers portal to the BIS while online (using a pc instead of your phone), there is a "change device" option. Otherwise, you may have both phones tied to your service and may have to call your carrier to have the old BB removed if it is in fact still tied to your BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD