I know I'm not any smartphone expert, but I've been a BlackBerry user for 8 years. I recently purchased the 9800 and was in search of a case that wasn't too bulky nor too expensive, and I have finally found it...

Case-mate Barely There...

It keeps the phone protected, fixes any wobble and doesn't add any bulk. Also, I'm a super picky, gotta find the perfect device kind of guy so I was a bit skeptical of the rubberized texture being that all of my past devices that I bought "rubberized" cases for ended up peeling after a month or two of use. However, if you purchase this case via. AT&T and it begins to peel within a year of purchase, you can walk in and trade it in for a brand new case. Gotta love that peace of mind.

So anyone looking for a case, I recommend the Casemate Barely There.

Sorry if this has already been posted but maybe I'll help someone who was as crazy as I was rockin' a naked Torch...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 01:58 PM
    Agreed, the Barely There case is excellent, but the top part pops-off very easily like most others out there. I'm trying to figure out a way of attaching it (double-side tape, etc..) so it doesn't pop-off every time I pick it up.
    10-18-10 02:11 PM
    Agreed, the Barely There case is excellent, but the top part pops-off very easily like most others out there. I'm trying to figure out a way of attaching it (double-side tape, etc..) so it doesn't pop-off every time I pick it up.
    Had the same issue with the carbon fiber case. I do miss it though and if you ever get a fix for that top part post it so I can go back and buy a new one!

10-18-10 02:19 PM
    Their is not good case for the torch. I say its the design that doesn't allow it. Im going to just use a full body zagg and call it a day.
    10-18-10 02:35 PM
    Their is not good case for the torch.
    I think the AGF GRT case is excellent. A little bulky but the front piece attaches to the back and it has it's own slide rails. It's not going to come apart and it eliminates any wobble.
    10-18-10 07:47 PM
    Interesting to hear the different perspectives as I was considering this case too.

My 9700 lived in a Seidio Innocase, and this Case-Mate for the 9800 looks a little slimmer than Seidio's from pics online.

My only hesitation is that I'm a holster kind of guy, and I don't think that Case-Mate makes holsters to compliment each case the way Seidio does.

Oh well, I'll still go check out this Barely There at BestBuy as soon as I get a chance.
    10-18-10 08:26 PM
    I think the AGF GRT case is excellent. A little bulky but the front piece attaches to the back and it has it's own slide rails. It's not going to come apart and it eliminates any wobble.
    I'm too tired to decipher acronyms... what is the "AGF GRT" exactly?
    I'd love to check out alternatives asap.
    10-18-10 08:27 PM
    AGF - AGFindings.com (Same company as ballistic/goballistic.com)

GRT - Glide Rail Technology

AGF is supposed to have a new case/holster combo out within the next two days according to the email I got from them. It is supposed to be different than the current case.

10-18-10 08:37 PM
    +1 on the AGF GRT. The thing feels solid on the Torch, probably owing to the fact that it attaches to itself. Most of the other 2 piece cases that clip on to the phone don't feel like they can survive a substantial drop.

I had the Case-mate, which I liked. Only thing I didn't like about it was how it caused the slider to ride up the bottom chin of the phone when closed.
    10-18-10 09:27 PM
    10-18-10 09:35 PM
    +1 on the AGF GRT. The thing feels solid on the Torch, probably owing to the fact that it attaches to itself. Most of the other 2 piece cases that clip on to the phone don't feel like they can survive a substantial drop.

I had the Case-mate, which I liked. Only thing I didn't like about it was how it caused the slider to ride up the bottom chin of the phone when closed.
    A big +1 to the AGF/GRT case...I'm majorly anal when it comes to cases also. The AGF adds a bit of bulk but not so much that it weighs your pocket down. Top part of case is rock solid and I've got the chrome finish model which makes the phone look super sleek. The ONLY downfalls are that the top cover slightly blocks the upper key row making some keys a bit tricky to hit and the very bottom of the trackpad gets a bit blocked by the cover too.

10-18-10 10:02 PM
    The AGF/GTR case is too bulky. The Casemate Barely There seems like it doesn't any any bulkness. I compared the two before purchasing, and realized that it made using the phone more difficult and it was bulky.

To one of the other posters, my top piece doesn't fall off at all. It's easy to remove for cleaning but never has it popped off and it hangs out in my pocket quite a bit

10-18-10 10:43 PM
    I have the Casemate and it's fairly decent. I'm used to Otterboxes on all my other phones but until there's a Defender Series, I won't be purchasing.

I was actually going to buy the AGF/GTR today but they're sold out. But as mentioned above by dlu, I'll wait a bit to see what's what.

@elite1 - I'm using the Barely There and it fits great in the BB Tour OEM holster. It's snug, but I know it won't pop out of the holster. ...And, I dont think the sleeper magnet positioning is correct, but really, who cares as long as it does the job.
    10-18-10 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD