After upgrading my Torch to .246 I am now missing the youtube app and the social feeds app that comes on the device. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how I can get those two native apps back?
    10-17-10 11:59 PM
    Hi, yes.

Just reinstall those 2 appz through Blackberry Desktop Software under Applications option.

You will find a Plus (+) sign on the right of them.

Good Luck,

Ferpilas.
    10-18-10 12:06 AM
    After upgrading my Torch to .246 I am now missing the youtube app and the social feeds app that comes on the device. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how I can get those two native apps back?
    re upgrade again and see if it changes anything
    10-18-10 12:06 AM
    ok, ive tried to reload the applications from the desktop manager and it will only load the social feeds app. when i go back to reload the youtube app, not only does it not load but the social feeds app is removed.
    10-20-10 08:49 AM
    Guys, im having the same issue. Im not a moron, ive tried the desktop software fix yet there is no + sign to the right of social feeds to allow me to install it, and there is not an X for delete. I know it isnt on my phone, ive searched and looked everywhere. It has never been visible, where the **** is it. How do i reinstall. The desktop software isnt giving me the option to install for social feeds.

Also, wherre is the AT&T mobile video app, i loved that app on my bold but it isnt on this one. you could watch tv episodes and **** for free.
    10-26-10 01:46 PM
    one thing to try is resending service books, that might work for the YouTube app and the Att mobile video app, just a thought
    10-26-10 02:09 PM
    I'm having the same difficulty! But mine's worse -- not only are my social feeds and youtube apps missing, also my fb, twitter, google talk, bb maps, and documents to go!

I've already looked everywhere and it's so frustrating! I wish there's a cd installer included for all the pre-installed apps! Argh, it's really irritating!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-01-10 12:35 AM
    Working fine here.... I have done a complete device wipe before installing it
    11-01-10 01:05 AM
    Pay attention to the loader screen. If installing or removing anything it will be noted in the final stage BEFORE you give the final go...

If you do not like what you see, what do you do? Cancel.

Also, when changing your OS, it would be nice if you listed your source and target loads as well as what method you are using.

Instead of the DM which I do not like when it comes to an OS change, read the "how to" on BBSAK and/or the apploader. Either of these may just fix your woes.

Last edited by shansmi; 11-01-10 at 07:43 AM.
    11-01-10 07:40 AM
    Use apploader to reinstall social feeds and other apps... This definitely worked for me!

I used BBSAK and clicked on load OS. From there, it went straight to apploader and I was able to recheck the applications.
    03-10-11 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD