I have uninstalled all of the languages except English but everytime I use the on screen keyboard on my BB Torch I see an EN icon in the upper right hand corner of my screen. Any ideas on how this started to appear and how to remove it? It wasn't there previously. Thank you!

I've also tried to turn it off using options but it wasn't listed. Help please!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 09:16 PM
    You have already posted this question in the forum. Please don't duplicate posts.
    10-17-10 09:50 PM
    You have already posted this question in the forum. Please don't duplicate posts.
    Great way to treat a new member with a valid question. Instead of being an overbearing mod wannabee why not try to help her out which in turn helps us other members with the same question

Last edited by JudasShawn; 10-23-10 at 10:21 AM.
    10-23-10 10:19 AM
    it's just an option that you turn off. You need to girl the Language section. And then there is an option to hide the language box.

10-23-10 10:34 AM
    it's just an option that you turn off. You need to girl the Language section. And then there is an option to hide the language box.

Ive searched and I cant find this Language Box. Im having issues learning my way around the OS6 menuing system though. I just cant get OS5 out of my head...thanks for the heads up Crester \m/

edit: I go OPTIONS> TYPING AND INPUT> LANGUAGE> and the options I have are Display Language, Global Language, Input Language and Voice Dialing Language. None give an option to turn off the language indicator.

Any suggestions?

LINK FOR THE DUPLICATE THREAD. PERHAPS THIS THREAD SHOULD BE TURFED

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...74#post5703774
    Last edited by JudasShawn; 10-23-10 at 11:01 AM.
    10-23-10 10:48 AM
    Great way to treat a new member with a valid question. Instead of being an overbearing mod wannabee why not try to help her out which in turn helps us other members with the same question

Well obviously you also didn't read the following:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

In the FAQ it clearly states why you shouldn't duplicate messages. Doing so may cause the OP to miss the very answer they are looking for. Additionally new people who are searching for an answer have to look in numerous locations instead of getting directed to the most relevant post.

And last but not least, I'm not a mod, have no desire to be a mod, primarily due to id10ts just like you. I posted a very simple and polite post that this was a duplicate post to alert the entire forum that the answers may appear in multiple posts and to politely let the OP know that also. You on the other hand have to climb in the moderators chair and pretend you are something you aren't. Yes, you are a real credit to the forum, I look forward to many more idiotic statements from you in the future.
    10-24-10 12:33 AM
    BBTorchLady... do this...

Click OPTIONS
    Click TYPING AND INPUT
    Click LANGUAGE

Then scroll down to Language Switcher section... then chose HIDE for the DISPLAY ICON line.
    BootlegZani likes this.
    10-24-10 09:35 PM
    i am new to the blog, but it is great! got my answer in how to remove the language icon from the screen. thank you!
    11-12-10 08:31 AM
    Make sure you have more than 2 languages other than US english...
    Then Options
    Language: scroll down : display icon: click hide
    12-09-10 04:32 AM
    I have this same problem, but I've deleted all languages except for English.

So I DO NOT have the option to do this:
    Click OPTIONS
    Click TYPING AND INPUT
    Click LANGUAGE

Then scroll down to Language Switcher section... then chose HIDE for the DISPLAY ICON line.

I tried to restore the languages from DM, but it didn't do anything.

Any help?

I'm using a Bold 9780 with OS6. Also my DM (version 6.0.01.18) does not have a "Language option" under applications.
    Last edited by Aesthetic_Athlete; 03-29-11 at 08:49 PM.
    03-29-11 08:46 PM
    I have this same problem, but I've deleted all languages except for English.

So I DO NOT have the option to do this:
    Click OPTIONS
    Click TYPING AND INPUT
    Click LANGUAGE

I tried to restore the languages from DM, but it didn't do anything.

Any help?

I'm using a Bold 9780 with OS6. Also my DM (version 6.0.01.18) does not have a "Language option" under applications.
    Describe how you are going to OPTIONS. It is not the OPTIONS you access via the left Blackberry key, it is under the OPTIONS icon found in the ALL screen, the one that has a wrench as the icon. You will find the TYPING and INPUT section there prefaced by ABC.
    03-30-11 08:48 AM
    When are we compiling all the EN threads into one major sticky?
    08-24-11 12:27 PM
    When are we compiling all the EN threads into one major sticky?
    LOL!!! the answer is: probably never. Not meaning to be unkind to the OP who is new to BB (I was new as well back in Oct. of 2010), but many people fail to read their phone literature and because they are unsure of this site, fail to even notice a "sticky".

I figure the best thing to do is answer the question and gently let the poster know that the search function is a great way to discover answers to a lot of issues.
    08-24-11 12:43 PM
    Well obviously you also didn't read the following:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

In the FAQ it clearly states why you shouldn't duplicate messages. Doing so may cause the OP to miss the very answer they are looking for. Additionally new people who are searching for an answer have to look in numerous locations instead of getting directed to the most relevant post.

And last but not least, I'm not a mod, have no desire to be a mod, primarily due to id10ts just like you. I posted a very simple and polite post that this was a duplicate post to alert the entire forum that the answers may appear in multiple posts and to politely let the OP know that also. You on the other hand have to climb in the moderators chair and pretend you are something you aren't. Yes, you are a real credit to the forum, I look forward to many more idiotic statements from you in the future.
    You two are adorable! Arguing on the internet... So CUTE!

08-24-11 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD