Hi All,

I would like to pull the stock sounds/ringtones from my Blackberry Bold 9700. I know down the road I'll be moving up to the 9780 or 9800. I want to backup those sounds now. I still miss a few sounds from my old 8330!

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks!

Mike
    10-17-10 08:36 PM
    Okay, download either filescoutlite or beamexplorer, reboot the device when prompted, launch the app and navigate to: /store/samples/ringtones/ and use the shift key and trackpad to select them all, then use the menu functions to copy them to the SD card, then you can migrate them to the newer device. Do it with every berry (if it's in ROM, you cannot replace existing ones or copy to the folder containing them)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 10-18-10 at 12:45 AM.
    10-18-10 12:37 AM
    Thanks for your suggestions above.

I did install the FileScout software. I can see the files without any problems, copy them to the vClipboard, but when I go to paste them to the sd card, the I get net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n {null} error.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    10-18-10 09:51 AM
    A quick search of the forums here gave me this....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ho...9800-a-512846/
    10-18-10 09:59 AM
    WolfmanRobby, I apologize for not looking in the 9800 forum for my 9700 question or using the exact search terms as you, but I did search prior to asking my question. Thank you for pointing out the 9800 thread, it has exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you to both of you!
    10-18-10 12:24 PM
    Per blackberry.com
    You can get all OS5 ringtones back by going to the following link on your phone: mobile.blackberry.com

Scroll down on the page until you get to the heading "What's New" and click OS5 ringtones for OS6 to download all the previous ringtones.
    03-08-12 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD