I am now on my 3rd Storm 2. I do not run anything massive on my phone, but all of these phones have similar issues. After so long, the button top left to turn the screen on and off works intermittently, and so do most of the other keys. This makes it very difficult to use. And the side buttons stop working or work here and there as well. What would you all suggest switching to as far as another blackberry? I have verizon so there aren't a LOT of choices. Thanks for your input!
    10-17-10 10:53 AM
    iPhone 4 in January when it comes to Verizon. :- )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 06:57 AM
    really depends on what your requirements are. There are other non-touchscreen BB's available. Or you have all the droid's. The only droid that has caught my eye is the droid pro. full keyboard + touch screen. I only consider this a replacement for my storm because I'm not sure where BB's are going. time will tell. My replacement date is in march.
    10-18-10 09:07 AM
    I switched to android a couldn't be happier. I have the Fascinate and it's a great device so much better than the Storm 2 or any bb out there IMO.
    10-20-10 08:54 PM
    Well I use my bb for many reasons. I tend to email and text the most of any of the reasons though. I honestly text a ridiculous amount each month because I work and I can text at work but not make calls. Like I said, I also use email a ton because of personal projects and teaching so I have a way for my other co-workers to reach me while at work since they do no text. I pay for the nice $30 data plan so I tend to use the facebook app and the web quite frequently. I really love my BB as I had never owned one previously. I have given a lot of thought to maybe switching to a Bold but not really sure. I love the threaded texts with my storm. I also like to watch videos online which I can't do very often with my storm. In this situation, I have thought about a droid. I just do not know which 1 really fits my preference. I believe the X would be a good choice, but I am anxious to see what else is going to be coming out. I have also read about the storm 3 and my verizon rep said it would be out next month(everyone knows they aren't usually very reliable). So there is a bit more about my preferences and needs.
    10-22-10 09:42 PM
    Well I use my bb for many reasons. I tend to email and text the most of any of the reasons though. I honestly text a ridiculous amount each month because I work and I can text at work but not make calls. Like I said, I also use email a ton because of personal projects and teaching so I have a way for my other co-workers to reach me while at work since they do no text. I pay for the nice $30 data plan so I tend to use the facebook app and the web quite frequently. I really love my BB as I had never owned one previously. I have given a lot of thought to maybe switching to a Bold but not really sure. I love the threaded texts with my storm. I also like to watch videos online which I can't do very often with my storm. In this situation, I have thought about a droid. I just do not know which 1 really fits my preference. I believe the X would be a good choice, but I am anxious to see what else is going to be coming out. I have also read about the storm 3 and my verizon rep said it would be out next month(everyone knows they aren't usually very reliable). So there is a bit more about my preferences and needs.
    Battery life on the droids sucks. You will be very disappointed. Get the IP4 when it comes to Verizon in January. Storm 3 will be a disappointment as has been the case with all the other storms. Bad reviews every time they've been released. You shouldn't expect anything different if a storm3 comes out. do you know the definition of insanity? :-) Just look at the bad reviews of the torch and that's RIM's flagship device.
    Last edited by bb-bandit; 10-24-10 at 07:12 PM.
    10-24-10 07:09 PM
    I switched to android a couldn't be happier. I have the Fascinate and it's a great device so much better than the Storm 2 or any bb out there IMO.
    I am on my way there too with the Droid X- some say battery life sucks on any droid - i call BS mostly because like my BB, i'll have it plugged in at my desk or car. Blackberry gave up on the STorm by not including it it the 6.0 upgrade - well then im giving up on blackberry ...ive never seen a worse OS/hardware combo anywhere. Blackberry is about 100 years out of touch with Apple, Android, Microsoft & Palm. The only thing they may have going for them is BES and even that is a PITA to maintain and setup - its insane how many times i have to completely wipe and reconfigure these devices.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

(edited for rant mistakes)
    10-24-10 10:47 PM
    iPhone 4 in January when it comes to Verizon. :- )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No. Just a rumor.

Battery life on the droids sucks. You will be very disappointed. Get the IP4 when it comes to Verizon in January. Storm 3 will be a disappointment as has been the case with all the other storms. Bad reviews every time they've been released. You shouldn't expect anything different if a storm3 comes out. do you know the definition of insanity? :-) Just look at the bad reviews of the torch and that's RIM's flagship device.
    Again, iPhone in January is just a rumor. I'm sure the Storm3 will suck just as badly as the iPhone and the Fascinate and the Droid X do just because I've never heard anyone say good things about them. Try reading a bit more, plenty of people are as satisfied with whatever device as there are people that aren't.

I am on my way there too with the Droid X- some say battery life sucks on any droid - i call BS mostly because like my BB, i'll have it plugged in at my desk or car. Blackberry gave up on the STorm by not including it it the 6.0 upgrade - well then im giving up on blackberry ...ive never seen a worse OS/hardware combo anywhere. Blackberry is about 100 years out of touch with Apple, Android, Microsoft & Palm. The only thing they may have going for them is BES and even that is a PITA to maintain and setup - its insane how many times i have to completely wipe and reconfigure these devices.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

(edited for rant mistakes)
    Battery life sucks on any device that needs to be always plugged in. I do agree on your sentiments about OS6 for the S2 and the hardware being a bit dated. That being said, my S2 works great most days; but like any device out there it has an occasional hiccup. Name one of those manufacturers that released a flawless device.

If you want to stay on Verizon and you enjoy BlackBerry but want something other than your current phone, get a Bold 9650. If the screen real-estate is your main feature, snag a 'Droid. The Storm3 is still a rumor at this point, your rep is guessing at best. If you want to keep your S2, try a software reload if a battery pull doesn't fix things. Sounds like a software issue though, if your issues are persisting through 3 different devices.
    10-25-10 03:53 AM
    No. Just a rumor.
    Hummm, really...is that why I received a text from my acquaintance, one of the Tech's, at VeriZon, saying they had finally gotten the word tru channels and they would indeed be receiving the VeriZon iPhone 4, with upgrades, after the first of the year. He knew I was coming up on my 2 yr replacement anniversary, and told me to hold off in December doing so until after the new year..... He was also looking forward to them being "allowed" to "officially" carry the iPhone for VeriZon.....

Still waiting to see what they do roll out......

Hawk
    10-26-10 12:30 PM
    Hummm, really...is that why I received a text from my acquaintance, one of the Tech's, at VeriZon, saying they had finally gotten the word tru channels and they would indeed be receiving the VeriZon iPhone 4, with upgrades, after the first of the year. He knew I was coming up on my 2 yr replacement anniversary, and told me to hold off in December doing so until after the new year..... He was also looking forward to them being "allowed" to "officially" carry the iPhone for VeriZon.....

Hawk
    You're right...it's coming to Verizon...can't wait...liberation is around the corner! Those folks that keep saying the iphone for verizon is rumor are like those that say that the GOP won't win the House...
    10-27-10 11:30 AM

Hawk
    We've seen that before; when posters and displays pop up then I'll agree with a January rollout. Until then, anything is a rumor. I'm not doubting a 2011 release, just a January one. It's been rumored to be released on X date too many times.
    10-27-10 12:50 PM
    iPhail4, you mean the one that requires the rubber bumper thingy to make voice calls. POS!
    10-27-10 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD