So, does this mean that I can delete the google "gsync" application from my blackberry and rely on the native blackberry software/service for the exact same functionality?

I'm not seeing any discussion on this, and I would think that this is a very big deal if it actually works!!!

My gsync is pretty darn good, but then, without warning every few weeks, I notice that it is failing to sync and I have to mess with it to get it kosher again.

That doesn't seem like a big problem, but the way I find out that there is a problem is by missing a frig'n meeting!!!!

OK.... so is this new BIS contact/Cal sync the real deal?

Kelton
    10-16-10 07:29 AM
    I got duplicate calendar entries with an auto sync. I disable my gsync (not deleted) and manually deleted the duplicates. Google calendar DOES sync without it.
    10-16-10 08:36 AM
    Stupid question, but where do I go on my Blackberry to make sure I got the recent BIS update?
    10-16-10 10:03 AM
    Stupid question, but where do I go on my Blackberry to make sure I got the recent BIS update?
    Go into your calendar>options>select gmail calendar>it should give you an option to sync wirelessly.
    10-16-10 10:31 AM
    I got duplicate calendar entries with an auto sync. I disable my gsync (not deleted) and manually deleted the duplicates. Google calendar DOES sync without it.
    How did you disable your gsync? By signing out?
    10-16-10 03:18 PM
    Go into your calendar>options>select gmail calendar>it should give you an option to sync wirelessly.
    Thank you so very much!
    10-16-10 03:19 PM
    How did you disable your gsync? By signing out?
    Go to gsync, options and unselect calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 04:06 PM
    I was happy to see that I had the Calendar Sync option in my BIS options today. And it is pretty cool to be able to change/add an event on my BB and have it automatically update on my Google Calendar and vice versa.

However, the biggest issue for me now is that my wife also uses Google Calendar and we have shared our calendars so that we can both see what the other's schedule is. The new BIS Calendar Sync only works with my Gmail calendar and not any of the other calendars I can view with the Google Calendar.

Google Sync has options to allow you to choose which of the Google calendars you wanted to view/sync on your BB. So, I would opt to sync mine and my wife's. With BIS Sync, I can't see any of my wife's entries on my BB, so if a client asks if I'm available for a specific day/time I can't look at my BB to check for potential conflicts with my wife's schedule.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get both my wife's calendar and mine viewable on my BB calendar with the BIS Sync? Otherwise, I'm afraid we'll just have to stick to Google Sync.

When I first heard of the BIS/Google Calendar sync coming I wondered how this was going to work and it appears that it doesn't take into account multiple calendars. bummer.
    Last edited by kvannatten; 10-16-10 at 07:50 PM.
    10-16-10 07:02 PM
    Ditto on above for shared Google calendars.

Looks like I'll have to keep Google Sync also.
    10-18-10 08:06 AM
    How fast is the sync with Contacts. I added a contact to my Gmail account about an hour ago, and it still hasn't synced. When I make changes to my calendar it syncs almost immdiately. Thanks
    10-18-10 08:54 PM
    My issue is that when Synchronizing for the 1st time, the Address Book syncs and goes to "Complete", while the Calendar is stuck on "Initializing." I have even gone as far as to wipe my device and reload the latest OS on the phone, and it still gets hung up on the Calendar "Initializing."

HELP!

I only have 1 calendar, and would prefer to use the BIS features rather than install Google Sync, again.
    10-19-10 10:15 AM
    I am having issues with MULTIPLE duplicates in my calendar that I am not doing anything to after enabling the calendar sync. Ive done a bunch of searches but cant find a definite answer. Does anyone know of a troubleshooting thread in reference to the new BIS 3.2 google calendar issues?
    10-19-10 01:36 PM
    I had some issues getting everything, such as duplicate contacts.

I ended up wiping my contacts on my BB (Contact Settings -> "rset"), enabling sync between Google <-> BB, and finally uploading all my contacts to my Google address book.

Sync between Calendar and BB is pretty quick, tho there is a definite lag for contact profile updates to be pushed.

Also - is anybody else having trouble syncing birthdates?
    10-20-10 10:38 PM
    Ditto on the multiple calendars. Have to stick with gsync for now. Bummer. I was soooo looking forward to deleting an app and using native capabilities.
    barneja likes this.
    11-03-10 06:13 AM
    I just decided to try BIS Gmail sync today. I made two calendar entries hours ago on my phone and they have yet to show up in my gmail calendar. Can someone tell me how long this is supposed to take? Thanks.
    12-09-10 02:34 PM
    I just decided to try BIS Gmail sync today. I made two calendar entries hours ago on my phone and they have yet to show up in my gmail calendar. Can someone tell me how long this is supposed to take? Thanks.
    Yep. A number of people are posting about this issue. But I've not found any solutions yet.

-Stephen
    12-26-10 04:44 PM
    When I go there, I see the option to wirelessly sync, but it won't let me change it from "no." Any thoughts?

thanks,

MG
    12-28-10 08:08 AM
    My problem with this (Bold 9700 with OS6 .418) is I now can't sync my BB to Outlook 2007 via Desktop Manager (newest download)...

It keeps telling me to dissable Wireless Sync to sync locally with my Callendar and contacts!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 04:24 AM
    I had the same problem. Calendar options showed Wireless Sync set to Yes, and my Tour 9630 (verizon) still wouldn't sync with my gmail account's calendar info.

I called Verizon, no help... anyway making it short, I got transferred to Blackberry support, and they finally helped me fix it... no big deal though, they just had me delete my gmail account off of BIS, and re-add it, resent service books, and finally syncing worked between my tour and Gmail Calendar. The first sync test updated my device within seconds, by chance.... but a few more test updates took a lot longer, up to 15 minutes.

Are there update intervals set on the Gmail front end or something?
    01-05-11 11:24 AM
    I had the same problem. Calendar options showed Wireless Sync set to Yes, and my Tour 9630 (verizon) still wouldn't sync with my gmail account's calendar info.

I called Verizon, no help... anyway making it short, I got transferred to Blackberry support, and they finally helped me fix it... no big deal though, they just had me delete my gmail account off of BIS, and re-add it, resent service books, and finally syncing worked between my tour and Gmail Calendar. The first sync test updated my device within seconds, by chance.... but a few more test updates took a lot longer, up to 15 minutes.

Are there update intervals set on the Gmail front end or something?
    Is your Gmail calendar the default calendar and did you set up the appointment using the Gmail calendar?
    01-07-11 03:32 PM
    My issue is that when Synchronizing for the 1st time, the Address Book syncs and goes to "Complete", while the Calendar is stuck on "Initializing." I have even gone as far as to wipe my device and reload the latest OS on the phone, and it still gets hung up on the Calendar "Initializing."

HELP!

I only have 1 calendar, and would prefer to use the BIS features rather than install Google Sync, again.
    Depending on how many calendar items you have and how far back they go (do you keep them forever?) this could take quite awhile the first time. I had mine initializing for over 3 hours after an OS load one time, went back and deleted all my old calendar items (manually, what a pain) and now have it set to delete after 30 days automatically. I've never had the problem again, it takes maybe sometimes 30 mins at most.
    02-05-11 09:29 AM
    I used the Google Sync app for a while, but have now unchecked the contact/calendar update boxes so hopefully it shouldn't be used.

I did this so I could try the updated BIS sync with contacts/calendar, and have installed OS6.

The calendar does seem to sync, though can take a little while to appear on the BB when I create an event on the PC.
    Events I create on the BB appear on the PC immediately.

However contacts don't seem to be syncing at all?

i would:
    open contacts (on BB)
    hit BB menu button
    Google Sync
    hit BB menu button
    Sync Now

it says sync is successful but there have been no updates (i test it by adding a new contact on my PC and another new contact on the phone, and hope they both copy across)

any ideas?
    Last edited by secretmachines; 06-18-11 at 05:19 AM.
    06-18-11 05:17 AM
    quick update... if I power off the handset, and reboot, the calendar seems to sync.

but I don't want to be doing that every time I want to sync!

EDIT - scrap that, I just added an event on the PC, rebooted BB, ran a Google Sync and no update :-(
    Last edited by secretmachines; 06-22-11 at 06:30 AM.
    06-22-11 06:13 AM
    Verizon 9930 - I have over 3,000 contacts. When I use Gmail to sync my bb gets stuck on initializing...

I have re set the phone. Deleted the gmail acct. Re sent the service books....

No matter what i do I cant get all my contacts??

Any other suggestions?
    02-27-12 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD