My upgrade went wrong and certain things wouldn't upgrade (databases?). tried to restore from bsckup. 101 databases won't restore. now sms doesn't work, and old sms's aren't there. i did a backup before the upgrade but dont remember which version of os 5 i had. need to downgrade to whatever version i backed up on, so i can restore successfully, but i have a mac. PLEASE HELP!
    10-16-10 12:52 AM
    i remember my previous os was .732
    10-16-10 12:56 AM
    I have a MacBook Pro and did the update and it worked fine but that's irrelevant for you right now....
    The most recent version of the 5.0 OS was version 732.

When you plug in the BB and it offers you to upgrade, you need to select the option where it shows you "all available upgrade options"
    It should show the 732 version, select it and click upgrade (or it will be considered a downgrade at this point).

Make sure you backup your BBM contact list via one of your e-mail addresses just in case. This NEW 795 version eliminated my BBM icon and the only way i was able to get it back was to uninstall the program which was present and then re-install it via BB App world.
    10-16-10 10:14 AM
    The OS version shouldn't really matter for a restore unless you went from like 4.5 to 5...
    10-16-10 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD