I have the 8530 with virgin mobile. In the options under browser configuration it has 2 internet browsers to choose from and 1 hotspot browser. What is the difference between the 2 duplicate internet browser choices on there?
    10-15-10 07:57 PM
    Are you on BES ???
    10-15-10 08:14 PM
    Wifi vs cellular

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 09:09 AM
    Please help, I'm a brand new BB user, of only a few hours!

I have a 8530 from Virgin Mobile. I do have the unlimited data plan + blackberry.

I can only surf the web via wifi. I've gone into browser settings to change the default browser from "hotspot browser" to "?" but there is no other option!

Researched another forum and found how to go to "host routing table" and "register now" but that didn't work.

Battery pull didn't work.

I've heard Virgin Mobile customer service is crap so I'd really like to figure this out myself instead of calling them...
    11-30-10 11:50 AM
    Go to options--->advanced options--->browser---> then under default browser config put internet browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 12:33 PM
    It won't let me enter anything, there is only a drop down. Unfortunately, that drop down only contains "Hotspot Browser"
    11-30-10 12:53 PM
    I gave in and called virgin mobile. It wasn't near as bad as the horror stories I've heard. It's fixed now.
    11-30-10 03:41 PM
    you could tell us the fix so someone else can avoid calling...
    12-06-10 02:45 AM
    Hey I got a 2 internet type question but I thought it was pointless to start a whole new thread for it so I'll ask it on this one.

So I'm using the bb browser and the Bolt browser all the time now for completely different reasons. Bolt for the speed and my full page web browsing needs. BB browser if I wanna view mobile sites or for the coulum view mode(plus dl'ing too). I was just wondering if I needed to opera mini browser because it does any better or exclusive then the other two browsers I'm using.
    12-06-10 06:30 PM
    I gave in and called virgin mobile. It wasn't near as bad as the horror stories I've heard. It's fixed now.
    so what happened? what fixed it?
    12-06-10 07:41 PM
    nope dont think u can
    12-06-10 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD