Hello!

I have an AT&T Torch, unlocked and using on Rogers, and I would like to debrand the software.

I am not concerned with the AT&T Logo on the startup screen or the AT&T logo on the phone itself.

I want to debrand it so that I can use the "3G ONLY" option. For some reason the AT&T software only has:
    "2G Only" and "2G and 3G"

The Rogers software apparently has:
    "2G Only" and "2G and 3G" and "3G Only"

I've already used BBSAK and wiped the phone and loaded the Rogers 246 but it still only gives me the AT&T options! ARGH!!!

Any ideas??? Sorry for the long msg!

Thanks in advance!
    10-15-10 04:28 PM
    Havent been able to debrand anything since the 9000, no tools available to do so.
    10-15-10 04:29 PM
    RIM changed the security in their bootloader which prevents access to it and thus prevents debranding. Aside from that it's against the rules in most forums to discuss it. Have you tried using the engineering screen? I seem to remember that it was possible through that.
    Hello!

I have an AT&T Torch, unlocked and using on Rogers, and I would like to debrand the software.

I am not concerned with the AT&T Logo on the startup screen or the AT&T logo on the phone itself.

I want to debrand it so that I can use the "3G ONLY" option. For some reason the AT&T software only has:
    "2G Only" and "2G and 3G"

The Rogers software apparently has:
    "2G Only" and "2G and 3G" and "3G Only"

I've already used BBSAK and wiped the phone and loaded the Rogers 246 but it still only gives me the AT&T options! ARGH!!!

Any ideas??? Sorry for the long msg!

Thanks in advance!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 04:34 PM
    In the PLMN selecion screen, when you are not in EDGE, rat_geran is disabled and only utran and gan are enabled. In the radio control 3gpp screen, settings dont get saved when you change them so its pretty much useless. I still have yet to try disabling GERAN (if it turns on) and enabling UTRAN only when im out of 3G coverage and only have EDGE. So.. freshiem, play with it
    lordnorms likes this.
    10-15-10 05:34 PM
    thanks everyone!!!

Any idea on how to get into the engineering mode!

Thanks!
    10-15-10 06:13 PM
    okkk! got into the engineering screen- will mess around!

if anyones done this before please post!
    10-15-10 06:24 PM
    just in case geran = gsm and edge, utran = 3g, gan = uma or so
    10-15-10 06:43 PM
    Sounds very interesting. The engineering screens are soo unexplored and i never see much info about it. Is there any way to get unlocked torch on tmobile to pick up 3G this way???
    10-15-10 08:03 PM
    Impossible to use 3g on tmobile, the frequencies are not supported

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 08:07 PM
    how can i debrand blackberry touch 9810
    09-03-15 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD