Any one have a problem with the back heating up not by the battery on the lower half of the phone any info would be greatly appreciated .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 09:54 AM
    While using generally or charging?

For me there is no heating issues what-so-ever while using the device. But yes it heats up while charging
    10-15-10 11:58 AM
    Mine does this occasionally when on a long call, not always though! Also seems to kill the battery very quickly... I usually reboot if this happens and all is well...

10-15-10 12:01 PM
    It does heat up while charging, especially while using the device at the same time. I noticed a bit of warmth too, but I was streaming you tube videos for maybe 15 minutes straight on wifi. I get it just below the battery to the left of the sim card, and it is normal to get warm with extended use. If you put the phone down for 5 minutes and come back and it is getting warmer then you would have something to worry about.

Also hold down the bb key and see how many applications you have running. Keeping to many apps running in the background will drain the battery faster and keep your phone running more causing more processor stress and lag.

Last edited by Thanontos; 10-15-10 at 12:04 PM.
    10-15-10 12:02 PM
    Mine is warm on the bottom half when it's charging...that's all. Happened to my Tour too so no big deal for me.

10-15-10 12:21 PM
    i noticed mine heating up during a long call or consisting text and bbm..
    10-15-10 12:36 PM
    Mine heats up when it's doing some heavy processing program. Battery is cool. It doesn't happen often, but it usually is when the Torch is working hard. Charging gets a little warm, but nothing to be alarmed about. I'm using a Made in Canada unit unlocked from Bell, on the Rogers network
    10-15-10 01:23 PM
    Any constant streaming will heat up the phone, especially if you do it while charging. Phone calls are similar since they use the radio constantly.
    10-15-10 01:24 PM
    Yeah, mine becomes hot when it's charging and in a call at the same time. One thing I noticed is the charger part that you insert into the wallsocket is actually extremely hot when you're charging. It could almost burn you if you touched it for a while.
    10-15-10 01:26 PM
    I've recently noticed that my Torch is heating up and it starts to happen when im making a phone call. Just today I was making a call, first call of the day and first I lost signal and noticed the phone started getting warmer and warmer. I leave it for a minute but then when the same thing happened 10 minutes later I noticed that the phone was warming up again. What could be the problem?
    02-01-11 07:46 PM
    3G and wifi will do these kinds of things. While messaging on 3G it heats up but neve on 2.5g

02-02-11 03:37 AM
    I notice this if I carry the phone in a pocket close to my body. Not so much if its in a coat pocket.
    02-02-11 05:03 AM
    I notice this if I carry the phone in a pocket close to my body. Not so much if its in a coat pocket.
    it is closer to your body, and it does have much more friction in your pants than in your coat.
    02-02-11 07:19 AM
    Mine does, but usually when I'm doing heavy browsing/texting/facebook.

02-02-11 07:26 AM
    I've noticed the warm battery when I'm on a phone call for extended periods,and also while charging or playing Final Fantasy.

02-02-11 08:49 AM
    it is closer to your body, and it does have much more friction in your pants than in your coat.
    I might buy that if I had it in my pocket while moving, but I'm talking about a shirt pocket while seated (commutes on train, in office, etc.). Don't carry it in pants pocket often, and never for long.
    02-02-11 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD