unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. if problem persists please contact your service provider.

Hi me and my wife have both have a bb torch 9800 unlocked and have been using the 3 network Australia with a bis pack with no problems at all since the start of September. That was until lunchtime yesterday when we both started to get the above message .

i did not think much and thought that there must have been a temp prob with 3 as it happen to both phones at the same time.

still not working today was told that all my service books are working correctly at there end and must be a problem with my handset. and that i should wipe all data and it will be back working .

So i did a complete wipe including applications ( despite that i thought it was odd that both phones got the same error at the same time) anyway i still get the same message.

i am after any advice or help i can get to help us out will be very much appreciated

please note i am using 246 but have been using since it leaked with no problems.
    all apps and emails that use bis still work fine. except if they switch to the browser

i have noticed that its say ip address is 0.0.0.0 ( i thought that is odd)

have deleted all internet and browser books and had them resent and have also tried host routing table.

any thoughts

thanks for your help
    10-15-10 04:50 AM
    The IP is only for WiFi. If you are on BIS 3G the ip will always be 0.0.0.0.

You are getting a browser error, but how Is the functionality of BBM? Email? 3rd Party Apps?

Also do you have the mini BB symbol besides the 3G on your home screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 07:56 AM
    hi

thanks for the replay bbm and email work fine and so do all my apps to eg berryweather , appworld, google mapes , kindal, ect.... the only problem i have with any of them including the email is when the need to switch over to the browser example from a link in email .

so it seems the only issue with the bis for both me and the wife is when it comes to the browser and as i said it was working fine for the frist 6 weeks and has only just started to happen.

i have found out that there is a couple of othere people that i know of on the same network on torch devices that have just started to get the same problem. so i am not sure what is going on with 3 aus but i really miss having the ability to browse the net on my torch.

I have been told to check that they still have the right IMEI number. do you think that could have made the error that i am getting. and is it possible for them to change it as i was under the impression that my pin/imei was lock into bis .

anyway thanks again
    10-16-10 07:35 AM
    I have had the same issue on orange here in the UK. Not a regular occurrence, but something i would be keen to find out why it happens.
    10-16-10 04:53 PM
    hi mickey so how did you get yours going again
    10-17-10 06:16 AM
    I had the same problem on Rogers. I had to go to connection manager turn radio off then on again. Maybe a software problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 07:29 AM
    Lastrice

I didn't actually do anything , just kept on hitting the links. I did notice that when this happened for me it was when leaving a wifi spot I had been connected to. So it could have been a momentary timing thing as the connections switched from wifi to the network and my expectations were for instant gratification.
    10-17-10 09:33 AM
    Mate not sure you have the same issue as mine has been off since thurs the same day as alot of other people on 3 in australia and it stayed of no matter what we did but it sounds like we all just started working again today but thanks heaps mickey1 for your time and everyone else and i hope all your little issues you find the ans you are after

ps just herd that people on vodafone aus have just started to get the same issue in the last 24hrs very funny (vodafone and 3 are merging ) hang in there guys there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    10-19-10 07:53 AM
    mine just started doing this tonight on the bell network here in canada what to do what to do
    10-20-10 10:05 PM
    I have had the same issue on orange here in the UK. Not a regular occurrence, but something i would be keen to find out why it happens.
    I have the same problem - it affects Facebook access and Google maps. Connection is very unpredictable and is mostly down even when I have all the bars and 3G in capitals - i.e. perfect mobile phone service. I can receive emails but can't always sent them. Yesterday a test message - pure text - took one hour to be delivered. An 88K image attachment timed out.

Orange customer service can only tell me to take the battery out and then restart the phone. Because I bought it from the NOTORIOUS Phones4U, I can't return it. Email, the net and Blackberry services are part of my package, so everthing should work. I have absolutely no idea what to do. Any ideas? Many thanks... Endi
    10-21-10 09:32 AM
    I started to experience the same problem couple of days ago. Just got off the phone with Rogers, rebooting the phone did not work, but switching to 2G network and opening a web page in Internet Browser did help. One I switched back to 3G it started to work too. HTC
    10-21-10 10:59 AM
    I have the same problem - it affects Facebook access and Google maps. Connection is very unpredictable and is mostly down even when I have all the bars and 3G in capitals - i.e. perfect mobile phone service. I can receive emails but can't always sent them. Yesterday a test message - pure text - took one hour to be delivered. An 88K image attachment timed out.

Orange customer service can only tell me to take the battery out and then restart the phone. Because I bought it from the NOTORIOUS Phones4U, I can't return it. Email, the net and Blackberry services are part of my package, so everthing should work. I have absolutely no idea what to do. Any ideas? Many thanks... Endi
    I have the same problem. The internet isn't working at all from time to time.
    E-mails don't get delivered from time to time. BBM messages take a long time to send, apps not working because there is no connection.
    All these problems happen at once and it can take about an hour or so to fix it's self.
    When the phone is on Wi-fi there are no problems at all. I also spoke to Orange about this and they asked me to put the phone on GPRS(ie 2G). Used it like that for 2 days and it was fine.
    I think the problem is with the BIS talking to the phone when it's set to 3G which is a big problem.
    11-03-10 07:47 AM
    I too am having intermittent issues with accessing the web and seems to be when wifi is switched on, I turn it off and have no issues at all. This is quite annoying hopefully BB will resolve it soon.

Because I bought it from the NOTORIOUS Phones4U, I can't return it.
    If the device has a manufacturing issue then you can return it for a replacement (like-for-like) if it's over 28 days then both Orange and Vodafone UK deal with manufacture faults (for Blackberry only) and should have a replacement with you within 24 hours.
    11-03-10 06:49 PM
    I started to experience the same problem couple of days ago. Just got off the phone with Rogers, rebooting the phone did not work, but switching to 2G network and opening a web page in Internet Browser did help. One I switched back to 3G it started to work too. HTC
    I'm experiencing this exact same problem but on my Torch (Rogers).

Rebooting did not work. I tried what you suggested i.e. going from 3G to 2G back to 3G and no dice.

I'm going to call Rogers right now and see what's up.
    11-03-10 09:43 PM
    Update...

Just got off the phone with Rogers Technical Support. He reset something on his end and voila, browser is working again. He mentioned how if my signal wasn't consistent i.e. signal bars constantly going up and down, this will affect your browsing. My signal has been inconsistent lately too (one bar to two to three to full and back down).

Hope this helps.
    11-03-10 10:02 PM
    I had the exact same issue the other day, browser won't work but e-mails went through. I switched from 3G+2G to 2G only and browser started working but not when switching back to 3G only or 3G+2G... Are you rebooting via QL or other 3rd party app? If so, do a battery pull and see if that makes a difference, because that's how I managed to "fixed" it on my end.
    11-03-10 10:05 PM
    had the same thing (with sprint) using my 9650. My thoughts are that I had less than perfect signal, while I was showing a bar or two, I think I actually had next to nothing and that's why it didn't connect, I ended up waiting a min and tried it again and it went. might be a signal issue?
    11-04-10 08:10 AM
    This has been happening to me from day 1 of my Torch. So far the best fix I have found is turning off Mobile Connections then turning it back on after a while. Works every time. But I wonder what's causing this, it pretty annoying to have to do this every so often. Is this a software or hardware problem??? I was originally on .246 then upgraded to .284 but still have the same problem.
    11-04-10 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD