Hello folks Im new here and Im in the market for my first smartphone. Im with verizon and have a family plan So im looking at the buy one get one phone that verizon is offering. My choices are the TOUR,CURVE OR THE DROID INCREDIBLE any input would be great
    10-14-10 06:43 PM
    Well if you are only going to get those I would still get the bold, the tour is going to be shut down soon and you will be stuck with a really old phone. I would go incredible out of those three but if the bold 9650 was in the mix I would pick that in a heart beat.
    10-14-10 06:48 PM
    If you want a Blackberry, the Bold or Curve 9330 would be the way to go. Bold will have a better screen plus world band capabilities, and I think a better keyboard. But honestly, I'd get the Incredible, Droid X, or Droid 2 over any Blackberry at this point. Don't get the Tour. It's pretty much a dead phone at this point.
    10-14-10 06:49 PM
    The Tour was good while it lasted though.
    10-14-10 08:34 PM
    Get the 9650 Bold if you want to stick with a Blackberry. You may have to spend more to get it, but it is a lot more phone than the Tour was, more memory, etc.

I had a 9630 for about a year and I couldn't get away from general lagginess, occasional random freezing, and signal instability. The Bold has more ram, and allegedly doesn't suffer from as much lagginess...

There were a couple of big reasons I didn't upgrade to the bold from the tour. The first was that it has the same screen, supposedly processor, camera etc that the Tour had. I felt like I was simply buying the Tour again, but the way it should have been released in the first place. The other reason was that I wanted the better web browser and games that android offered.

Bold will be getting OS 6 officially sometime soon and there are already leaks so you could have the better browser that OS 6 offers. Tour will not be getting the upgraded browser.
    10-14-10 08:40 PM
    If you like the Tour, you're better off getting the 9650 Bold. Unless you're looking for the cheapest phone, you could get the Tour for almost nothing
    10-14-10 09:41 PM
    Go Droid...you'll never look back. Trust me
    10-14-10 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD