I have had the Torch since it came out in August, and am what you call a crackberry, I have a hard time putting down my phone, I just always feel like picking it up and reading my emails, social feeds, read news, bbm, etc. Love having a blackberry, love the email and bbm functionality that BB has. HOWEVER, every day I see amazing apps coming out for Iphone, Android, and will soon for WP7, and nothing for the torch. Now I know that there are some good ones for BB, but nothing really specifically for the torch, that takes advantage of the touchscreen, accelerometer, graphics, nothing much. its frustrating to me. The games on here are pathetic (not that I play too many games) on the iphone they are amazing. The quality of the apps on iphone and android are much better than on the torch.

Now my question is now that the dev conference is over, are we to expect much higher quality apps, such as on iphone and android, for the Torch? and BB6? does the torch have those capabilities?

I read that it should be much easier for developers to make apps for BB now, so will they start pouring in? or is there lack of interest?
    I love my phone, but every day get frustrated that nothing too exciting comes out for it. its basically 9700 with touchscreen and a few differences in OS, i was hoping that it would become something way different. I dont know how long I want to continue with BB, as the other phones are offering much more in the form of entertainment, and i feel very compelled to switch. I think I will wait a little and see what starts to happen.
    10-14-10 03:04 PM
    I just moved from a Bold 9700 to Torch and have not noticed anything special when it comes to apps available for Torch.

Would RIMs direction towards the QNX OS have a negative effect on the amount of apps for BB at the present? Since developers may want to spend their effort on the future rather than the present OS?
    10-14-10 03:13 PM
    I just moved from a Bold 9700 to Torch and have not noticed anything special when it comes to apps available for Torch.

Would RIMs direction towards the QNX OS have a negative effect on the amount of apps for BB at the present? Since developers may want to spend their effort on the future rather than the present OS?
    We're quite a while off until QNX replaces the OS we've come to be used to so I doubt there would be a sharp decline in development for OS6 and 7. OS 7s going to be a stepping stone to QNX so I wouldn't hold my breath and neither would any developers looking to make money in the short run.
    10-14-10 04:40 PM
    While id agree the 9800 is missing the support now, it's still really early. It'd be nice to see something new however. With the added tools to their SDK for HTML-5, CSS and JavaScript apps, im lookin forward to it. The waiting game sucks though.
    10-14-10 04:51 PM
    If you prioritize apps and games you already chose the wrong platform...

In fact, if you prioritize games, I have no idea why someone would even look at BB in the first place. It makes no sense. Also expecting the OS to be something completely different when everything you read anywhere about the device says to the contrary, makes no sense...
    10-14-10 04:56 PM
    I also have a torch, and could not agree with you more. RIM needs to throw some bucks around to app developers like google, apple, and microsoft is doing. OS 6 Rocks - the apps pretty much sucks.
    10-14-10 04:58 PM
    I dont know if you have ever used an iPhone but I would say aonly about 25% of the apps are what you would call "quality". There are so many worthless apps on iTunes is ridiculous. Yes, there are alot of apps that work well but for the most part...they suck.
    10-14-10 06:16 PM
    Lol @ your a crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 08:42 PM
    There will probably be more OS6 support once it's released for more phones. Not much more but at least a little more.
    10-14-10 08:48 PM
    If you prioritize apps and games you already chose the wrong platform...

In fact, if you prioritize games, I have no idea why someone would even look at BB in the first place. It makes no sense. Also expecting the OS to be something completely different when everything you read anywhere about the device says to the contrary, makes no sense...
    What are you talking about? The OP never said games were his priority. Have you had any of the other "main competitors" honestly? Like iP4 or the Captivate? Because I have and for the Torch to be priced the same as those is a bit much for what you're getting.
    10-14-10 09:02 PM
    One thing that should be simple enough and there is a LOT of demand for OS6 right now is a camera mute app.
    10-15-10 08:21 AM
    Yes, there are alot of meaningless apps on the iphone, android, and EVEN on blackberry. Seems like the apps for the torch, are really just older apps that worked on OS5 or even OS4 and not completely new apps built for the Torch.
    What bothers me most is when I see companies come out with with apps for Iphone and android and not BB. For example, cablevision, my cable provider released an app to control your DVR and and search the guide from Iphone and Android. Sonos, (home audio) has an app for iphone, home automation apps are for iphone, just read about cobra radar detectors having a nice app for iphone that integrates with a new detector.

BB has some nice apps that I use, such as Poynt, Flixter, Slacker, Pandora, Rhapsody, Beweather, Bebuzz. Whatever is on the Blackberry, is nicer on the iphone or android.

All those apps, I used when I had my 9700 on OS5. I still use my BB the same way. Seems like when you have the other devices, suddenly you have the world in your hands. Everything is available and made available to it.

If it weren't for BBM, I would have jumped ship, and being a gadget guy, its hard for me to stop myself from wanting more from my torch.
    10-15-10 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD