Recently I've been experiencing a peculiar issue with my Torch. Whenever I send a text message, it appears as though I sent it three, sometimes four, times. I've asked the person I sent it to, and they did not receive multiple texts.
    Can anyone advise me what to do to remedy this? I've rebooted a handful of times, but that's ineffective.

Attachment 74465
    10-14-10 02:41 PM
    I'm having somewhat of the same problem, except I'm receiving multiple texts from others. I noticed this started to happen when I upgraded to .246

What version of OS6 is your phone running?
    10-14-10 03:54 PM
    No issues like this on mine. .246
    10-14-10 04:37 PM
    No issues like this on mine. .246
    Was your phone pre-loaded with .246 or did you manually upgrade?
    10-14-10 06:25 PM
    I'm running .246. I downloaded it last week from the BlackBerry website and installed it by connecting my Torch to my PC. I have only been having this issue for the past two days, though.
    It's really odd because it looks like each contact receives the same number each time. One person is only shown receiving the correct number of texts, while another person is shown getting three, etc.
    10-14-10 11:59 PM
    I'm unfortunately having the exact same problem, and it's driving me crazy. I think it may have started when I synced my gmail contacts with the phone contacts. i wish i could figure out how to undo that or start from scratch or something. if anyone can share a solution, or who to contact about this, i would really appreciate it.
    i'm taking it as a good sign that i found someone else with the same issue. i couldn't even google this properly for the longest time.
    12-11-10 06:39 PM
    That may have something to do with it...all three email accounts that I have synced with my 'Berry are Gmail accounts.
    I'll probably try the "Crunch SMS" app, I suppose. I used that on the Bold 9000 that I had prior to my Torch and never had an issue like this. If it's successful I'll let you know.
    01-08-11 11:44 PM
    bump. anyone have a solution for this??
    01-15-11 05:35 PM
    I installed crunchSMS, and within that this issue doesn't occur. Unfortunately, I miss the ability to receive pictures within text messages, plus I actually prefer the native SMS application on my BlackBerry. If anyone finds a way to resolve this, I'd appreciate a mention. Thanks for the help thus far, though.
    01-21-11 03:04 PM
    I couldn't pinpoint it to any one thing, but I finally stopped having this multiple texts bug once I upgraded to .337

I say give it a shot, and if anything, at least you'd be up to date on the current OS.
    01-21-11 05:02 PM
    I have a BB 9670 Clamshell that I bought in November. I started receiving multiple copies of text messages and it went from 11, to 38 and now it's up to 74. The most recent message is not at the top...I have to scroll through pages to find the new messages. Sprint has tried to fix this twice. I have complied...removed the battery...waited five minutes and each time...it adds more messages. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.
    03-03-11 04:34 PM
    @madman, my 9670 is doing the same thing. I get a text from somebody and it shows up 6 or 7 times in a row sometimes. It's annoying. I've tried everything I know of... Nothing. Also with Sprint.
    03-07-11 07:18 PM
    My Torch does the same thing- I have AT&T. The latest issue is it won't scroll to the top where the newest text has come in... grrr...
    03-11-11 09:06 PM
    Recently I've been experiencing a peculiar issue with my Torch. Whenever I send a text message, it appears as though I sent it three, sometimes four, times. I've asked the person I sent it to, and they did not receive multiple texts.
    Can anyone advise me what to do to remedy this? I've rebooted a handful of times, but that's ineffective.

Attachment 74465
    My phone was doing that.... I just reloaded my current platform and it fixed it. Goodluck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 11:10 PM
    My Torch does the same thing- I have AT&T. The latest issue is it won't scroll to the top where the newest text has come in... grrr...
    Wait, what OS version do you have?
    03-12-11 12:53 AM
    I believe that the .448 OS solves this problem.
    03-12-11 03:24 AM
    I was having the same problem since sept since i got my phone, it never bugged me as my friends and GF had BBM and i didnt text all that much.
    But now im been texting alot lately and this multiple text message displays has been bugging the S*** out of me.

But i did find a fix for me!

I started out by going to options>display>screen display>

Then you scroll to the bottom to theme, you will highlight a gear type icon, press the BB menu button next to the scroll pad on your phone, and in the options menu you will have 'reset theme defaults' to that and it will reset most of your theme.

After do a battery pull and when it booted, check to see if your texts are now combined and not multiple, if it still multiple, you should delete all your text messages and start fresh, THIS IS what i had to do, and after i deleted all my text message and worked perfectly!!!!!!

The theme default reset is the main thing here.

P.s. to delete your prior old text messages, go to the earliest date for the last text message you got, highlight the date, click menu, and select delete prior.
    your good to go after that.
    03-12-11 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD