WOW . . Have I been asleep for 6 months. Berry weather went from 2.2.?? to 2.5.??

I check my Mobihand App every 2 or 3 days, is this really a big update?

Thanks
    10-14-10 01:02 PM
    Changes in version 2.5:

* Added push support to instantly notify about weather alerts without draining the battery
    * Added support for custom icons. We are looking forward to iconsets created by the community!
    * Added support for sharing weather and advisory via TwitterAdded support for BlackBerry LBS (location based services) on OS 5.0 and higher devices for cell location lookup. This greatly improve cell location lookup accuracy
    * Improved weather alert support and filtering
    * Added new icon size XXX-Large
    * Added new theme "Day&Night Transparent"
    * New default background image in Day&Night theme. Shows sunlit sky for daytime, moonlit sky for nighttime locations. Transitions smoothly between locations on touchscreen devices (try it )
    * Added support for wide background images. If a background image is wider than the screen it will scroll slightly in the background while you move from location to location.
    * Added option to show a shortcut on the homescreen for selected locations (OS 6.0 only)
    * New titlebar showing full device radio status and application indicators (OS 6.0t only)
    * Added support for restricting auto update during certain hours of the day
    * Added option to toggle automatic/manual updating per location
    * Added option to turn of advisories for a location
    * Added 'lighten/darken' background setting for homescreen wallpaper
    * Added font color setting for homescreen wallpaper
    * Added separate font settings for homescreen wallpaper
    * Added daily/hourly forecast option to homescreen wallpaper
    * Added drop shadows below text for better legibility
    * Added option to select font family (OS 5.0 and higher)
    * Many bug fixes!
    10-14-10 01:21 PM
    I dig the new theme and push for the alerts is nice...

Being able to turn off auto update during certain hours, awesome! Unquestionably the best weather app now...
    10-14-10 01:26 PM
    Went into Berryweather after update. The above does not say it all. You have to see it! I didn't think it could get any better. FANTASTIC!
    10-14-10 01:27 PM
    Hey SenorLoco...
    Tell 'em how much fun it is to post the weather to Twitter now. lol.
    10-14-10 01:33 PM
    Hey SenorLoco...
    I did it for two locations. Looked like I was two places at the same time.
    10-14-10 01:35 PM
    I did it for two locations. Looked like I was two places at the same time.
    Ha Ha! lol.
    10-14-10 01:36 PM
    Hey SenorLoco...
    Well I'm not a twitter user myself so I never had the joy of posting, but I'm sure the rest of you had fun
    10-14-10 01:38 PM
    Another great update to a great program!

m
    10-14-10 01:46 PM
    Nice find - never got a notification to update though

love my CB community!!
    10-14-10 02:17 PM
    Looks pretty sick. The only thing that I think is worse is the background darkening is not for the entire wallpaper rather than just the section with the weather information.

Otherwise, it's awesome!
    10-14-10 02:28 PM
    sweet. thx for the heads up.

future onlookers...OTAs here: http://m.bellshare.com/berryweather
    Last edited by webmastir; 10-14-10 at 02:51 PM.
    10-14-10 02:47 PM
    Under display settings I used the "Download More Iconsets" and it says I downloaded them, but do not find them in the "Icon Set" drop down.
    I did see where you can download them to a PC then transfer them
    to the BB, but that seems odd to do.
    Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks,

Tim
    10-14-10 04:04 PM
    Under display settings I used the "Download More Iconsets" and it says I downloaded them, but do not find them in the "Icon Set" drop down.
    I did see where you can download them to a PC then transfer them
    to the BB, but that seems odd to do.
    Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks,

Tim
    Having the same issue here.
    10-14-10 04:23 PM
    OK.....figured out adding the icon sets to BW. After you download them to your phone.....go to your Media icon and click onto it. Then click onto your BB button and the menu will open and click onto "Explore". Click onto your "Media card"......click onto "Blackberry".......from there you will see "berryweather"......click onto "berryweather". Your new icon set should be showing up there. I highlighted my new icon set and then hit my return button and backed out of everything and returned to my home screen. Then I opened BW and went to "settings" then to "display settings" and scrolled down to "icon set"......and.....my new icon set that I downloaded was now showing up there. I then click onto my new icon set and it then downloaded it and my new icons were now showing.

This worked for me. This new update for BW is just......awesome!!!!!!
    Last edited by Mojave; 10-14-10 at 04:47 PM.
    10-14-10 04:44 PM
    So if I already purchased 2.2 does that mean I have to shell out another $10 for the "un-bugged" version 2.5? I'm a bit confused because I installed the trial period version and there's no "upgrade" option so I'm not sure if it's the full version or not.
    10-14-10 05:12 PM
    So if I already purchased 2.2 does that mean I have to shell out another $10 for the "un-bugged" version 2.5? I'm a bit confused because I installed the trial period version and there's no "upgrade" option so I'm not sure if it's the full version or not.
    Version 2.5 is a free update, simply install over your version. You can use your activation code to unlock the trial (not needed when you install over 2.2)
    10-14-10 05:13 PM
    Version 2.5 is a free update, simply install over your version. You can use your activation code to unlock the trial (not needed when you install over 2.2)

Thank you! Would've been highly disapointed if I had to do a re-purchase.
    10-14-10 05:18 PM
    I like it. A lot more customization in this one. More effective and common sense advisory notifications. You can also set it to notify you only of your Home Location. I hated before getting a weather alert for both my home and work locations. Nice update.
    10-14-10 06:19 PM
    Yep think Bellshare crew did it good this time!
    10-14-10 06:25 PM
    after you install an icon set, all you really need to do is go out of the app & back in... should display after that
    10-14-10 07:19 PM
    after you install an icon set, all you really need to do is go out of the app & back in... should display after that
    Exiting the settings screen should even suffice.
    10-14-10 07:20 PM
    Loving the new Home Screen layout options.

10-14-10 07:55 PM
    Cell triangulation now also works when in 3G mode (for GSM users)!
    I used to have problems with failed update while on 3G, but now with the LBS it works well!!

Best weather app for sure!!
    10-14-10 09:23 PM
    Anyone having issues with the app locating current location? I have my GPS on but it continuously says Failed Locating.
    10-14-10 09:44 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD