Turn on Fox News!

Last miner #33 just entered the capsule and is on his way up

Ought to be quite a celebration in a few minutes in Chile!

Their President and his first later stood by from the first miner out last night.

I wish some of our leaders could have handled our catastrophes like the Chileans have!

My hat's off to them!
    10-13-10 07:46 PM
    unbelievable
    10-13-10 07:50 PM
    That was amazing. I've been tuning in on and off from 12AM last night when the first miner came out.

Their President never gave up on them. Everyone wrote them off for dead. He got 12 nations involved in the rescue effort and said they won't give up. After 15 days they found out they were "all" still alive. 69 days later and now they are all out safely.

Every time a miner rose to the surface it was just as emotional to me as seeing the first one.

What comradery! It reminds me of the days after 911 where many cars had American flags on them. I heard no horns beeping that first week. Everyone smiled at you. held the elevator door for you. You would pull up to an intersection and the other car would wave you on and you'd wave back . . . no after you

What a different time that was. Sadly, it only took about a week and people were back cutting you off and flipp'in you the bird again

Sorry to have posted this in this forum and not a regular discussion forum but this was a pretty amazing once in a lifetime event.

Thought some of you would have appreciated the heads up to watch the last miner surface on live TV

Ya, I know this had nothing to do with a BB . . . so shoot me
    10-13-10 08:37 PM
    Yeah right...can you see Bill Clinton, or George Bush, or Barak Obama, out in a setting like that? During any US catastophy?

Never happen. How pathetic the US politicians are.
    10-13-10 08:42 PM
    I heard they all got out alive. So glad they even made it out. Great efforts i'd say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 09:18 PM
    Politicians would be out there Berrydale, but I doubt most of them would actually care beyond what the event does for their publicity.
    Glad they're all out safely though the best line was when one miner said that there was 34 people down there, cuz God never left them.
    10-13-10 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD