I have my original 9550 from November '09 & I've been told by Verizon that the 'crooked' screen is part of the design. Is it true that everyone's screen has a slight left angle to it? Observe the device from the bottom looking up, while holding it horizontally in front of your eyes...
    I'm sure many of you CB experts know all about this; but still I wonder
    10-13-10 04:37 PM
    You mean how the screen appears to be lower in the top left corner? Yes, it seems to be more or less normal, but I don't think that it's actually because the screen is lower. Look at the top cover plate closely in relationship to the trim and you will probably notice that the cover plate sits higher on the left than on the right, which contributes to the illusion that the screen is lower. Also, if you look from the side you may see that the entire phone body is a bit twisted. Mine was anyway. Any way you slice it though, I don't think any of them are totally perfect. As long as it works fine I wouldn't worry about it.
    10-13-10 04:49 PM
    Through all my replacements, they are all like that. Doesn't bother me, phone still works. OS sucks but hardware still works.
    10-13-10 04:54 PM
    Yeah, I'm psyched to still have an original, very unlike my Storm 1 experience. The screen doesn't bother me, as the hardware semmingly is ok, but I always wanted to ask the 'highly trained professionals' haha!
    10-13-10 05:01 PM
    You mean how the screen appears to be lower in the top left corner? Yes, it seems to be more or less normal, but I don't think that it's actually because the screen is lower. Look at the top cover plate closely in relationship to the trim and you will probably notice that the cover plate sits higher on the left than on the right, which contributes to the illusion that the screen is lower. Also, if you look from the side you may see that the entire phone body is a bit twisted. Mine was anyway. Any way you slice it though, I don't think any of them are totally perfect. As long as it works fine I wouldn't worry about it.
    Well said & quite comprehensive I've never looked at it that way. Thanks!
    10-13-10 05:05 PM
    I've been told by Verizon that the 'crooked' screen is part of the design
    LOL! I think that is stretching the imagination some what!
    10-13-10 05:43 PM
    Both of mine have been like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 07:12 PM
    I have my original 9550 from November '09 & I've been told by Verizon that the 'crooked' screen is part of the design. Is it true that everyone's screen has a slight left angle to it? Observe the device from the bottom looking up, while holding it horizontally in front of your eyes...
    I'm sure many of you CB experts know all about this; but still I wonder
    I'm SO glad I don't have OCD. My phone's screen is fine.
    10-13-10 07:15 PM
    Got mine Oct 09, and perfect screen. I do remember there was a lot of dicussion on this when the phone was released almost a year ago, but mine's trouble free.
    10-14-10 01:04 AM
    Yup, mine was like that.
    10-14-10 04:08 AM
    Got mine Oct 09, and perfect screen. I do remember there was a lot of dicussion on this when the phone was released almost a year ago, but mine's trouble free.
    Me too...my screen looks perfectly level; with or without my glasses.
    10-14-10 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD