Hey Guys just got a new BB curve 8530 last week from Koodo (Canada) and if anyone is familiar with the koodo BB it is grey.... with grey keys. I dont know about all you guys but I hate the color to death! So I ordered a new black housing off ebay, mirror screen protector, and I got a nice otterbox case for it. Also got a custom theme on it (clean os6 look) I have a question.... has anyone researched or heard of anyone swapping a bold 9700 keyboard into a curve? I haven't found anything online saying someone has tried and failed so I might give it a go. Also plan on giving the stock housing a paint job once I get my nice black keys from ebay. Ill post some pics once I get started. Just basically looking for some input on the bold keyboard swap into the curve.

oh yeah one more thing.... anyone play with the led color behind the keyboard on the new curve 8530?

Cheers!

ps... I know this will void my warranty and I dont care
    10-13-10 01:11 PM
    Good Luck, but I would have bought an unlocked one off enay or somewhere. Hope all goes well.
    10-13-10 01:20 PM
    I had 80 bucks saved on my koodo tab from a previous phone and they were 50 bucks off. So i got it brand new for 170 or else I woud have done just that. But thanks!
    10-13-10 01:32 PM
    hey guys so I finally got my tools to take apart the BB properly, didn't get any of the housings yet so those updates are still to come. But I did play around with my keyboard color. Heres one that I did tonight and thought id share. Im planning on doing other color schemes so ill post those when they are done (tomorrow) lol

Last edited by fraser_corey; 10-26-10 at 07:43 PM.
    10-26-10 07:37 PM
    oh yeah, these are the crappy grey keys.... ill post a pic with the white keys to see if the color turns out better but overal I was really happy with the way it came out with the grey keys. white housing should be here tomorrow lol
    10-26-10 07:44 PM
    How did you get your keyboard rainbow colored like that?
    10-27-10 09:30 AM
    Did this one to my gf's phone

10-27-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD