If I was to ever download a game from BlackBerry App World does that mean it would count as me using the inernet whenever I would play it? Whenever I travel to the United States I don't want to access my apps such as Maple Leafs Mobile, The Score Mobile and UberTwitter because when I do I get charged huge roaming fees. However I am not sure where downloaded games fit into that category?
    10-12-10 09:20 PM
    I would imagine that certain games DO use a small amount of Internet... but I would also imagine that even using a "small" amount of data would be a huge cost if it's roaming data. Maybe you could try and email the developers of whichever game you're trying to download, and ask them if their app uses any data whatsoever. Hope that helps, although, I'm not sure it will.
    10-12-10 11:19 PM
    Just kill your data connection when you're going to play the games. That's probably the easiest way to not rack up any data charges.
    10-12-10 11:23 PM
    Really depends on the app. Sometimes a game will do a check for updates or to authenticate your copy, etc. As has been stated, kill your data connection and you should be fine.
    10-13-10 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD