So my homegirl just told me:

"Just came 4rm VZW. Manager stated that they have 10 new phones lined up to be released towards the end of the year. 1 of them is ur anticipated BB Torch but its gonna be called something else. Same concept; touch screen w/ slide out keypad. As far as the iphone, July 2011. "

Wonder if there's any truth to this?? I was ABOUT to switch to Droid when my contract is eligible for renewal this upcoming November since I really want a phone where I can browse the internet with ease (I have a tour), but after my homegirl told me this, I've decided to wait. I'm a blackberry lover & a loyal Verizon customer and I was sooooo pissed when Torch came out for AT&T!!! I would LOVE a touch screen blackberry that's NOT a storm.. so *crosses fingers*, I hope it's true!!!!

As for the IPhone 4, i was ONLY considering it, IF it was released for Verizon. But, if blackberry comes out with something that's CLOSE to being compared to an IPhone, then I'M ALL FOR IT!!!
    10-12-10 11:46 AM
    If homegirl said it, it must be word.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rlfricke216 likes this.
    10-12-10 11:58 AM
    I hope its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-12-10 12:15 PM

Rofl, what a great first post
    10-12-10 12:18 PM
    Maybe its the highly anticipated BB Homegirl that's been under wraps for a few years.... BB Style and now the Homegirl, these names just keep getting better and better.
    10-12-10 01:37 PM
    hahah yeah.. i sounded overexcited huh?? =)
    10-12-10 01:47 PM

hahahah Homegirl best be right!! Lol
    10-12-10 01:50 PM
    I am all over this phone if it comes out. I have the Torch and love it, just need it on VZ.
    10-12-10 01:53 PM
    word?
    can you set me up with your homegirl?
    10-12-10 02:39 PM
    word?
    can you set me up with your homegirl?
    10-12-10 02:40 PM
    I'll probably pick up the BB Torch/Homegirl too when it comes out. Can't be left waiting on a 4g Storm for another, who knows how many months.

I'm still thinking that device pic we saw that everyone thinks is the S3/4 was a slider phone, so maybe that's what homegirl is talking about.

This homegirls knows a lot, she seems like the next Salomondrin....
    10-12-10 03:34 PM
    YO SON! For real though, I think Homegirl is right, U naa mean. Think about it, why else would Verizon cancel the Storm 2.5. Lol
    10-12-10 03:35 PM
    YO SON! For real though, I think Homegirl is right, U naa mean. Think about it, why else would Verizon cancel the Storm 2.5. Lol
    And you can run and tell THAT.

...run and tell THAT.

...run and tell THAT.

Homeboy. Home, home, homeboy....
    10-13-10 02:47 PM
    i really hope that this true!!
    10-14-10 09:30 AM
    So my homegirl just told me:

"Just came 4rm VZW. Manager stated that they have 10 new phones lined up to be released towards the end of the year. 1 of them is ur anticipated BB Torch but its gonna be called something else. Same concept; touch screen w/ slide out keypad. As far as the iphone, July 2011. "

Wonder if there's any truth to this?? I was ABOUT to switch to Droid when my contract is eligible for renewal this upcoming November since I really want a phone where I can browse the internet with ease (I have a tour), but after my homegirl told me this, I've decided to wait. I'm a blackberry lover & a loyal Verizon customer and I was sooooo pissed when Torch came out for AT&T!!! I would LOVE a touch screen blackberry that's NOT a storm.. so *crosses fingers*, I hope it's true!!!!

As for the IPhone 4, i was ONLY considering it, IF it was released for Verizon. But, if blackberry comes out with something that's CLOSE to being compared to an IPhone, then I'M ALL FOR IT!!!
    Torch sucks. Low resolution small screen, slow laggy processor (compared to top end Droids and iPhone4), thick body due to slide out keyboard. If that is what Verizon has to replace the storm with...then it will be a major FAIL.

I have been a Storm user since November 21, 2008...launch day and have been hoping that RIM would really compete in the smart phone arena. So far they have not taken the smart phone user seriously. We saw a leaked touch screen device that looked to have a 4" screen with a track pad. If they brought something like that to Verizon I might consider it. At this point...the Motorolla T2 is looking to be the best thing that Verizon has coming - in January. I will wait until after CES to make my phone decision.
    10-14-10 05:29 PM
    I think that you should just get something now. Obviously your disappointed with RIM. Don't wait for a miracle Device because you will be disappointed. all good thinks take time. The iPhone(although weak) was a game changer and it's just a matter of time when Palm, winmo 7, and RIM catch up and you will be singing the crappy iPhone tune;or Not. Who knows what will happen, all I know is that someone is working on sometime good, somewhere.
    10-16-10 08:26 AM
    Torch sucks. Low resolution small screen, slow laggy processor (compared to top end Droids and iPhone4), thick body due to slide out keyboard. If that is what Verizon has to replace the storm with...then it will be a major FAIL.

I have been a Storm user since November 21, 2008...launch day and have been hoping that RIM would really compete in the smart phone arena. So far they have not taken the smart phone user seriously. We saw a leaked touch screen device that looked to have a 4" screen with a track pad. If they brought something like that to Verizon I might consider it. At this point...the Motorolla T2 is looking to be the best thing that Verizon has coming - in January. I will wait until after CES to make my phone decision.
    I think its smart to wait till after CES in january because all the holiday releases will already be out there and CES will provide information on releases of upcoming phones in 2011.
    10-16-10 03:04 PM
    I think its smart to wait till after CES in january because all the holiday releases will already be out there and CES will provide information on releases of upcoming phones in 2011.
    The next two and a half months are going to be very interesting. When CES hits and Verizon reveals their LTE line up I fear that it will be dominated by Android phones and IF...and that is a big IF...RIM has a touch screen device in the line up - it had better be top tier in speed, screen resolution and features or it will be starting out in Google's shadow. Right now the Android OS is positioned to dominate the LTE/4G world leaving RIM as the maker of cheap email/3g phones that can no longer compete with Apple and Google.

The next Storm is their last chance to stay relevant.
    10-16-10 10:33 PM
    I agree 100%. The next couple of months should be very interesting. But I honestly think that BlackBerry acquiring QNX will eventually pay off big. I think the "PlayBook" is just the small taste of things to come. If that's the case, I'm very excited to see the 4G touch screen device from RIM on VZW. Then again, we've all been disappointed with RIM's decisions in the past.
    10-17-10 02:31 AM
    For a new VZW BB, it probably won't be by the end of 2010. Big Red is heavily invested in Android and that's the majority of what they will sell during this holiday season.

And with the rumored exclusivity of the BB Style to Sprint, it makes it even more unlikely that a new BB will come to VZ by the end of this year.
    10-17-10 03:18 AM
    I can hold on to my 9550 for now.

If Verizon + RIM release a new touch screen device this holiday season that runs OS6, but still has surepress and still looks somewhat like the S2, I will definitely NOT be getting it.

I feel that the holiday season phones for Verizon actually won't be anything special, because LTE is coming January... unless LTE is pushed to December/holiday season, I feel that most people will hold off on buying a phone.

Just my thoughts

Until the LTE compatible, QNX software Storm3/4 drops, I'm holding on to my S2 (no matter how much i dislike the phone, I still think the Android operating system is worse and the Iphone isn't out for Verizon yet either).
    10-17-10 04:56 PM
    I’m due to upgrade next April.

If the PlayBook prices are reasonable ie .LT. $530 then I may go for an OS 6 none touch querty device + PlayBook.

If PlayBook is .GT. $530 and a QNX Storm3 is around or is imminent I may go for that.
    10-18-10 11:35 AM
    Rofl, what a great first post
    LOL - totally.
    10-18-10 08:55 PM

Yes, correct on specs, but the concept is what most folks are looking for - or a refresh of the 9000 loaded up.
    10-18-10 08:59 PM
    For a new VZW BB, it probably won't be by the end of 2010. Big Red is heavily invested in Android and that's the majority of what they will sell during this holiday season.

And with the rumored exclusivity of the BB Style to Sprint, it makes it even more unlikely that a new BB will come to VZ by the end of this year.
    What new BB has VZ released recently? None. The Tour was how long ago? The 9650 is a Tour refresh. I really hope something drops at VZ for the BB addicts. I always thought the next gen Storm would be a slider... maybe VZ releases some sort of Torch/Storm for Xmas.
    10-18-10 09:06 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD