I tried it yesterday. I did like the weather function, but I didn't like having all that stuff that I didn't even use on there - I don't follow the CFL or stocks, or any of that. so it was a waste for me. I went back to regular viigo. Now, if I could choose what would be on the "homepage" then, I might like it. And if I could have all my different subscriptions go in separate categories, like music, entertainment, news, parenting, etc. then cool. But otherwise, I'll pass.
    07-21-08 10:58 AM
    It looks to me like you'll be able to do that in the final version.

Jason
    07-21-08 11:46 AM
    Tango is still a "beta" version and the final one will be out when they compile a list from everyone submitting the questions or concerns. Give it some time. It does have a better format then the old one does.
    07-21-08 11:53 AM
    cool. thanks for the info
    07-21-08 03:37 PM
    I tried it yesterday. I did like the weather function, but I didn't like having all that stuff that I didn't even use on there - I don't follow the CFL or stocks, or any of that. so it was a waste for me. I went back to regular viigo. Now, if I could choose what would be on the "homepage" then, I might like it. And if I could have all my different subscriptions go in separate categories, like music, entertainment, news, parenting, etc. then cool. But otherwise, I'll pass.
    I went back to regular Viigo, too, though Tango's definitely got great potential once it is finalized and out of beta. Seemed like a souped-up new car that either had features I didn't want or had the cool options disabled and/or under construction.
    07-21-08 04:02 PM
    Hence the reason it is a "beta" piece of software. Voice your thoughts in the Tango beta forum so they get your feedback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 04:05 PM
    I've been running tango for a while. I like it.

07-21-08 04:06 PM
    Chill, SILVR6. The OP asked for opinions on Tango and I gave mine.
    07-21-08 04:15 PM
    I like the Tango Beta as well. Works pretty good for me...
    07-21-08 04:44 PM
    I went back to the regular Viigo as well. I don't know if I like the direction that Project Tango is going. With all the extra stuff, it's starting to feel like bloatware.

Kinda how like Nero use to be a sleek CD/DVD burning tool. Now it's one of the most bloated pieces of software which rivals Roxio.

I hope if they do release Tango, that they continue to develop Viigo as a separate product line.

The only function that has any appeal to me is the Podcast channel. It would be pretty cool it it automatically downloaded podcasts as they are released. However data speeds are not blazing fast on a BB even with an EVDO Curve so I don't know how viable it is.
    07-21-08 06:15 PM
    I was part of the private Beta. I installed it when they provided me the info but uninstalled it the next day or so. I didn't care for it.
    07-21-08 06:21 PM
    Yep I did have project tango for a couple of days and went back to the original.
    I think the final version will be real cool

07-21-08 07:53 PM
    Thank goodness. I felt bad for not being thrilled, lol. On the other hand, I think viigo ROCKS.
    07-21-08 08:01 PM
    I'm using the private beta and have really been disatisfied with the google aggregate in viigo. Even when I read all the articles on my desktop and select "update all channels" in viigo, It doesn't sync up. I've submitted a support ticket and they basically tell me to "update all channels" but haven't told me if it's a bug. I uninstalled the beta myself after a week and went back to 2.2.82 but still haven't had much luck with the sync.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    07-21-08 08:58 PM
    I have had the same issue. This happened to me with tmo os and with the Orange os. It would either take a long time to update the channels or it wouldn't do it at all. I too, did not like it and uninstalled it.

07-22-08 03:13 AM
    I have been using Tango for several months now and it has definitely grown on me. There are definitely aspects of it that are not as good as the old version, but that's what beta testing is all about. Overall, I've been pleased with it and have continued using it.
    Last edited by SGWALKER; 07-22-08 at 11:52 PM.
    07-22-08 03:35 AM
    The thing is that it is just not appealing enough to me.
    07-22-08 03:37 AM
    The thing is that it is just not appealing enough to me.
    i can totally see that. my husband uninstalled it after about 30 minutes and refuses to try it again. i'm unsure whether its that the app is overly appealing to me or if its just that its not overly un-appealing and i'm too lazy to remove it.......
    Last edited by SGWALKER; 07-22-08 at 11:52 PM.
    07-22-08 03:52 AM
    I'm on the fence right now. I do agree that it seems bloated, I loved the sleekness of Viigo. I think I will give it another month (already been on it a month)

07-22-08 04:42 AM
    I've tried both, didn't see the big deal with the beta....once you enter the rss/new section, it looks exactly the same as version 2. Thats fine but not worth the upgrade. Yes its beta, but comeon we need something different. How many apps do we all have that provide weather? Damn, look outside!
    07-23-08 09:02 AM
    [QUOTE=pjurbina;521793]I have had the same issue. This happened to me with tmo os and with the Orange os. It would either take a long time to update the channels or it wouldn't do it at all. I too, did not like it and uninstalled it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

I had trouble getting the channels to update, too. I went back to the regular Viigo. I'm looking forward to the podcast feature, but I'm going to wait until its out of beta.

07-23-08 07:00 PM
    I always download whatever new version comes out
    and always wind up deleting. I does nothing for me.
    I keep hoping it will be different, but no, still no use for it.
    07-23-08 07:12 PM
    the tango has its moments both good and bad. nfl is coming to sports and nascar has been added along with tour de france coverage. the updating of channels does need work though and the weather is going to get an overhaul.
    07-23-08 07:16 PM
    I've tried both, didn't see the big deal with the beta....once you enter the rss/new section, it looks exactly the same as version 2. Thats fine but not worth the upgrade. Yes its beta, but comeon we need something different.
    I tried updating again yesterday, since it's been about 3 or 4 months. Sadly, nothing seems to have changed in the least. Oh well.
    11-09-08 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD