I have read all the feedback and taken every single comment, good and especially bad, into consideration before releasing this hybrid. I have addressed the issues while improving on the build. So without further wait..i present BTHM 9700 .979 version 3!

****NOTICE*****

I have run this hybrid wih .938 radio file and it works great also..however i used the .979 radio file. If anyone is still having issues with the .979 radio or umts file then here is the link and instructions for using the .938 radio.

Benefits:
    +5mb smaller than .979 radio
    +works great...same radio file in BTHM .938 v4

-I haven't seen any negatives to this UMTS file

Instructions:
    -download .979 v3 hybrid
    -follow v3 instructions, but do not install hybrid just yet
    -copy and replace umts folder(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v5.0.0.979_P5.1.0.177)
    -run apploader
    hopefully this helps the folks who have been having radio issues with their phones and had to switch back to .938 os to fix it..this is especially for you.

938 radio (UMTS) file download link:
    UMTS .938.rar

Change-log:

updated cods:
    + 6.0.0.179 cods added
    +browser updated, loads up page noticeably faster
    +battery life improved
    +MMS bug gone..can send and receive MMS flawlessly
    +Quick boot up time

version 3 improvements:
    + certificate search in applications folder
    +encrypted message search in search application
    +longer list in memory cleaner application (options>security>advanced security>memory cleaner)
    +sos problem non existant when tested

.979 Version 3.0

Instructions:
    -Download file
    -extract hybrid folder
    -copy hybrid folder,delete and replace existing loader folder in (windows 7: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared)
    -wipe blackberry(if you are having issues and want eliminate as much issues as possible)
    -install using apploader
    -do a couple battery pulls(3-4) allow a couple or hours to settle in (12hrs) and that should be it..

BTHM 9700 .979 version 3.1

I already know what you are thinking lol and it might not neccessarily be a good thing, however this is a very slightly updated version to 3.0, with a lil change in the fileset (cods). There are 2 versions and a java patch for those who have 3.0 which can be installed thru bbsak..

I have decided to just install .938 and .979 the UMTS radio files for this version so all you would have to do is download and follow the instructions to install this hybrid os.

Changelog:

-same as version 3.0
    +switched out some cods
    +slightly improved boot time
    +slightly improved browsing experience.
    +ability to choose between .938 and .979 umts radio files...first time ever to be included in a hybrid download (both work great)
    P.S: this is still to be install over .979 base

Instructions:
    -same as .979 version 3.0 instructions for version 3.1

Patch Instructions:
    -download patch
    -run bbsak
    -go to modify cods tab in bbsak
    -click on install cods
    -highlight every cod in v3 patch folder then click ok
    -phone will take a lil while longer to reboot
    -after phone comes on do a battery pull then things should be back to normal

any questions; feel free to ask here

Hope you enjoy the builds. Please leave some feedback about the battery especially as this is my main concern now for this .979 OS
    Thank you

Someone suggested that I create a paypal account for anyone who would like to donate out of appreciation and I thought it wasnt a bad idea so i created an account. This is just donation if you choose.. I am not asking anyone for money and I never will...I maintain that feedback is all i will ever ask for, thank you.

Donations (Optional):

Blackberry Os 6 theme OTA:

http://www.benox.org/download/bb6v4w...er_Slot_v4.jad

Shrink-a-os
    Here's the shrink-a-os link to anyone interested in doing so. I am working on getting it incorporated into my future hybrids.
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBHTool...dsTool-pub.zip
    Last edited by Lkyleobrien; 10-21-10 at 10:57 AM. Reason: centering title
    10-12-10 01:52 AM
    I hope this be great work at my device..
    Downloading now..

Thanks Kyle..
    10-12-10 02:04 AM
    I think it's time for me to install .979v3....., hopefully it's gonna be better than .938v4.....downloading now....
    Thanks for your hard work Kyle.....
    10-12-10 04:23 AM
    Thanks Kyle! Lokking forward to install this later and give feedback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 05:02 AM
    amazing that you took in to account everyone...def greatly appreciate it and will load this later today. thanks!!
    10-12-10 07:47 AM
    i added version 3.1 to all those who havent downloaded and installed version 3.o yet and i also included a patch for those who have downloaded version 3.0 and want the updated cods. the patch does not include the radio files however.
    10-12-10 09:17 AM
    Downloading, thanks, i'm making a hybrid of my own, will be out soon, testing a lot, thanks for this, imo you make the best hybrids so far, driphter too make good hybrids i just think they take too long to release cause of their VIP thing.

Well, i downloaded, haven't finished with the load, it's taking forever!!!! it's been more than 30 min to load and that's strange since usually doesn't take longer than 12 to 15 minutes... will report back asap

Well it took 43 minutes to load the OS(not really good), uncaught exception errors in the first too battery pulls, actually reboot time is great 1:23 which is a new record, working slow until i did a few(around 5) battery pulls, radio problems are not there for now, i just think the device is running a little slow, hope it's just for a short period of time, will report back if i find something else or to tell how good it is
    Last edited by k00rg; 10-12-10 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Add info and more
    10-12-10 10:58 AM
    thanks kyle! did a full wipe and reinstalled from scratch. after that, i restored my backup and everything seems fine. will report back on battery life.
    10-12-10 12:50 PM
    Does this have the 6.0 clock?

Thanks for the great work!

10-12-10 01:07 PM
    yup.. i personally like the new graphics on the analog clock so i installed it...

to everyone who trying out the hybrid, i appreciate the love.
    10-12-10 01:11 PM
    Reporting back!! It's working terrific!! now it's fast, great hybrid man! thank you! and yeah the radio problems are not there anymore, will get back when i have a review in battery life, for all of those who are about to install i recommend a few battery pulls
    10-12-10 01:21 PM
    kyle wht are u doinn??
    are u crazy? wanna blown up my phones?

i found this issues after installing v3

+more faster bootime,u dont need to count it B U T 'feel it'
    +more faster browser 'its like renderring without thinking -same w/u kyle'
    +ive got better signal in here,diff w/ older version
    +multitasking without laggy/thinking
    +after successfully upgrading u know as ussual updting bbm contacts blah2 and u know wht i havent seen any sandclock!!

kyle please d0 this again or i'll kill u =)

is it good/is it bad?? U TELL ME!!

besttestedhybridmade? #damnitstrue
    Last edited by henrydunant; 10-12-10 at 02:51 PM.
    10-12-10 02:14 PM
    Reporting back!! It's working terrific!! now it's fast, great hybrid man! thank you! and yeah the radio problems are not there anymore, will get back when i have a review in battery life, for all of those who are about to install i recommend a few battery pulls
    which radio did you use?
    10-12-10 05:45 PM
    can you guys tell which radio you use for the results reported?
    10-12-10 05:47 PM
    Which radio file would you recommend? I was on version 1 but it was horrible so I had to go back to stock OS. Now I'm ready to try the improved v3.1.

Thanks
    10-12-10 06:29 PM
    Just installed V3 with the .979 radio as I wasn't having any issues with it before.

So far so good will write more when it has had a chance to settle in, say tomorrow evening.
    10-12-10 08:10 PM
    which radio did you use?
    I used .979 one and now it's working perfect, actually � have better signal than before and 3G is up and running always and with no problems so far, battery should be getting better as the device gets more use

10-12-10 08:13 PM
    I have tested V3 w/ 938 radio for 12 hours after 3 battery pulls.
    What can I say? This buld rocks!!!!
    Have tried most of recent hybrids, but this one is actually the best.
    Very stable and fast. No sand clock at all. Great memory usage and battery life (discharge rate was 1.5 % at light use, WOW!). Browser is very snappy. No issue found so far.
    Gonna apply V3.1 patch to see how it improve.
    I think I will stick on this build until OS6 is released.
    Great job kyle!

Last edited by dongxanh; 10-12-10 at 09:01 PM.
    10-12-10 08:28 PM
    installed with 938 radio; so far so good; i personally recommend doing more than 3 battery pulls but i suppose depends on your phone, etc. no signal problems so far and battery still at 100% after almost an hour after install-very impressive for first run of an os. anxious to compare this to bdhp 3 and will post results. so far bdhp3 has been my best, followed very closely by bthm 938 v4
    10-12-10 09:32 PM
    installed with 938 radio; so far so good; i personally recommend doing more than 3 battery pulls but i suppose depends on your phone, etc. no signal problems so far and battery still at 100% after almost an hour after install-very impressive for first run of an os. anxious to compare this to bdhp 3 and will post results. so far bdhp3 has been my best, followed very closely by bthm 938 v4
    I had been on BDHP v3 for some days. It was impressive too, except for one thing: it killed my battery life!!!

10-12-10 10:22 PM
    Yikes, after 5 reboots my battery is draining at 1% per 20 mins. I'm going to do some more reboots and wait for more hours and will report back.
    10-13-10 01:47 AM
    Wow! This is amazing! My signal used to drop the Edge sometimes when I'm at home, I didn't see it in Edge yet and the signal strength is always higher than 3 bars which is awesome since I barely get that at home.
    Also, it used to say GPS is unavailable (couldn't find my location) in Google Maps, but now, it finds me almost instantly!
    This is great, keep up the great work!
    I haven't checked battery or boot time yet though.

10-13-10 04:50 AM
    This is it! BEST hybrid available so far! Battery life is just outstanding and performance overall is SO smooth. Thanks you lkyle, your hard work finally paid off for me.

Everything is just right, signal is strong with full bars, UI is so fast and accurately responsive, memory is up to 115MB free lol which is ridicously high, and everthing else works perfectly. If anyone is having problems with battery or anything, wipe your OS! Files are kept even after upgrade/downgrade!

10-13-10 07:25 AM
    ATT doesn't have the UMA, does it?
    Last edited by bad_boy321; 10-13-10 at 09:23 AM.
    10-13-10 08:07 AM
    Is there something wrong with the links? I keep getting the "page not found' error.
    10-13-10 08:18 AM
120 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD