I was using Google 411 to get business numbers, but they're shutting down next month. Are there any other apps that give business numbers for free? I know I could do a google search in the browser, but I'm usually driving when I need a number, so I liked not having to type stuff in the browser.
    10-10-10 09:25 PM
    Poynt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 09:34 PM
    I was using Google 411 to get business numbers, but they're shutting down next month. Are there any other apps that give business numbers for free? I know I could do a google search in the browser, but I'm usually driving when I need a number, so I liked not having to type stuff in the browser.
    If you go to BlackBerry App World you can find the 2 main programs that I use. Those would be Poynt and Superpages Mobile. You can also locate a business such as a resturant and they can also display not only the phone number but give you the address and map the location for you, see what movies are playing at different theathers and a lot of neat stuff. Hope this helps.
    10-10-10 09:38 PM
    If you go to BlackBerry App World you can find the 2 main programs that I use. Those would be Poynt and Superpages Mobile. You can also locate a business such as a resturant and they can also display not only the phone number but give you the address and map the location for you, see what movies are playing at different theathers and a lot of neat stuff. Hope this helps.
    Do either of those work via a phone call (like calling information)? I'm really trying to avoid typing stuff while driving.
    10-10-10 09:46 PM
    Poynt for the win. Does what your looking for and much more.
    10-10-10 09:47 PM
    Do either of those work via a phone call (like calling information)? I'm really trying to avoid typing stuff while driving.
    For Poynt, you'll have to type in the business name.
    10-10-10 09:50 PM
    Poynt hands down. Two clicks and you got the number and your dialing.
    10-10-10 10:14 PM
    I agree that Poynt is great, particularly since it has the additional option to add the business to your address book.

For a spoken search rather than a typed search though, I'd have to suggest either vlingo (not free) or perhaps google maps where you hold down the green SEND key to state the business name.
    10-10-10 11:06 PM
    Poynt is one of my favs, too.
    But to avoid typing, I am pretty sure Google Maps has a voice feature built into it. You might wanna check that out.
    10-11-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD