From a power-saving perspective, is there a difference between pushing the standby button on the top of the 9000 and using the sleep magnet in a the leather case?

Also, does the 9000 automatically go into "sleep mode" after a period of inactivity?
    10-10-10 11:30 AM
    When the BB is next to a magnet the buttons will not work. No so for standby in that the buttons are used to take it out of standby.

In standby the phone is polling the buttons constantly.
    10-26-10 05:48 PM
    When the BB is next to a magnet the buttons will not work. No so for standby in that the buttons are used to take it out of standby.

In standby the phone is polling the buttons constantly.
    Thanks for that. I guess this means that the mute button is NOT as energy conserving as the holster magnet.
    10-26-10 07:32 PM
    From a power-saving perspective, is there a difference between pushing the standby button on the top of the 9000 and using the sleep magnet in a the leather case?

Also, does the 9000 automatically go into "sleep mode" after a period of inactivity?
    I prefer using leather case, at least my battery save until 10% a day rather than using standby mode

Do you mean bedside mode? I don't know anything about "sleep mode"
    10-26-10 11:21 PM
    I prefer using leather case, at least my battery save until 10% a day rather than using standby mode

Do you mean bedside mode? I don't know anything about "sleep mode"
    When I say "sleep mode", I mean the mode that the 9000 is in when it detects the sleep magnet. I was wondering if it went into this mode automatically after a period of time.

I now understand that it doesn't, and only the magnet can put it into sleep mode, since the buttons/keys are constantly being polled otherwise (i.e. the 9000 is looking for button taps, which requires more power).
    10-27-10 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD